Director, Human Resources and DEI
- University of Washington
- Seattle, WA
University of Washington
Housing & Food Services
Director, Human Resources and DEI
The University of Washington, Division of Student Life invites nominations, inquiries, and applications for the role of Director, Human Resources & DEI, Housing & Food Services. UW seeks an accomplished subject-matter expert who will provide leadership, vision and direction for departmental human resources that support the Housing & Food Services unit.
The Director, Human Resources & DEI will provide leadership, vision and direction for departmental human resources functions that supports the HFS unit and Department goals and operations. More specifically, this position provides leadership for talent acquisition and retention strategies that result in a diverse workforce and the development of programs and services that support, develop, leverage, and recognize the strengths and contributions of all employees. This position ensures that the human resources unit is a model for policies and practices that reflect equity and inclusion and advances social justice and supports other units in achieving this standard. In addition, this position works closely and productively with institutional HR leaders to ensure decisions and practices at the department level align with University policies and procedures.
Competencies and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5 years of experience in human resources leadership that demonstrates:
- Specific experience in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in a higher education setting
- The ability to work effectively in a large organization or educational institution
- Effective supervision of professional and technical human resources staff
- Exceptional communications skills including public speaking and facilitation of training
- The ability to assess internal and external customer needs and respond effectively
- Accurate interpretation and application of employment laws, regulations, policies, and contract stipulations
- An understanding of national trends and current best practices related to human resources in higher education
- A basic understanding of adult learning principles and curriculum design
- The ability to identify and develop key relationships/partnerships necessary to carry out position responsibilities.
- Master’s degree in human resource development, adult education, organizational development, or another related field
- Demonstrated experience creating strategic plans for organizational development
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of stakeholders to effect change, collaborate, and resolve complex issues.
The University of Washington has retained Opus Partners to support this recruitment. Katie Dean, Associate Partner and Thomas Lapierre, Senior Associate & Certified Diversity Recruiter are leading the search. For more information or to apply, please contact Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications should include a resume and cover letter that should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
More search results
Open Rank Faculty Position in Nature-based Climat…
Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability
Dean of the Neeley School of Business
Texas Christian University
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
George Mason University
Associate Dean for Academic Engagement
Carnegie Mellon University
Executive Director of Marketing