Network and Information Security Manager
- CUNY Hostos Community College
- Bronx, NY
Network and Information Security Manager (IT Computer Systems Manager, Level 2 - Provisional)
Job ID: 18276
Location: Hostos Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
I.T. Computer Systems Managers manage and direct an Information Technology area at a College or University level. They set policies and procedures, direct technical staff, and maintain responsibility for administrative as well as technical issues within their assigned area(s) of responsibility. They may manage major and/or large, complex information systems activities and/or manage a unit or group.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Managerial Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
Computer Systems Manager
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Under the general supervision of the Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations and exercising independent initiative and judgment, the Network and Information Security Manager will oversee the Hostos Community College Office of Information Technology’s network, telecommunications, and information security team. S/he will design, implement, and administer technical and procedural security initiatives. The Manager will develop, analyze, and refine the College’s information security protocols and technologies; maintain and protect the College’s information security infrastructure; develop long range goals for strategic IT security plans; conduct security monitoring, assessments, and audits; promote awareness of information security best practices to the college community; and manage the activities related to telecommunications including planning, maintenance and setting standards for system requirements. In fulfilling these duties, the Manager will collaborate with other IT units as well as confer with faculty, staff, and students related matters and special projects.
Additional duties include:
- Design, implement, and manage a comprehensive strategic information security and IT risk management program that ensures the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of College IT resources. Review, recommend, and draft policies, procedures, and standards in accordance with overall university policy and evolving industry best practices.
- Direct and evaluate a team of IT network/telecom technicians in the daily operations of College network (wired and wireless), servers, telecom (Cisco VoIP) and information security.
- Manage and provide technical expertise in incident management protocols to proactively obstruct and contain threats; identify and remediate vulnerabilities; and analyze and minimize risks. Develop, implement, maintain, and test up-to-date controls necessary to protect network/Internet perimeter, host systems, software and applications, and other vital assets. Serve as the Incident Manager for major Network and Information Security incidents during and outside of working hours; coordinate the notification and resolution processes.
- Assume the role of Project Manager in designing, developing Statements of Work, negotiating cost and managing the implementation/closeout of network/telecom related projects with internal and external constituents.
- Oversee and assess information security for multiple network security technologies. Define and administer identity management and access controls. Enforce network security policies through management of NAC devices such as Mazu and CounterAct.
- Manage Cisco Catalyst IOS switch/routing, ASA security appliance platforms, and Aruba wireless platform.
- Manage and maintain the cabling infrastructure in the data center and multiple IDF’s across campus.
- Plan and coordinate implementation of network upgrades to ensure an optimal and secure technology infrastructure; participate in the data center virtualization initiative.
- Enhance and manage key aspects of the college Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery requirements pertaining to network, data, telecom and server availability. Create and develop alternative plans for backup operations.
- Liaise with CUNY Central and other campus constituents on information security awareness and breach procedures.
- Oversee configuration and administration of Active Directory, Application/Database and Desktop security in support of desktop, user, and group management functions.
- Draft, review and/or approve requests for new equipment and software to ensure compliance with business requirements. Manage capital budget for unit.
This function/position has been designated as "essential." This means that the individual is expected to carry a department provided mobile device and answer critical calls/e-mails in a reasonable time frame even after hours. Additionally, when the College is faced with an institution emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at the College.
1. Six (6) years of progressively responsible full-time paid information systems technology experience, at least 18 months of which shall have been in an administrative or managerial capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, information systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration or a closely related area.
2. Education at an accredited College or University may be substituted for the general information systems technology experience at the rate of one year of college for 6 months of experience up to a maximum of 4 years of college for 2 years of experience. In addition a Master's degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for an additional year of the general information systems technology experience. However, all candidates must possess the 18 months of administrative or managerial experience described above.
This title has multiple levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, additional qualifications, such as education, and experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
- Experience in Cisco IOS switching/routing and PIX/ASA platforms
- Experience in Cisco CUCM VoIP call manager and contact center
- Previous management of IP v4/v6 switched and routed VLAN’s
- Previous supervision of teams of 3-5 technical staff
- Experience setting up and managing IPSEC, L2L and web SSL VPN on a Cisco/Juniper platform
- Familiarity with Aruba wireless infrastructure
- Experience utilizing network monitoring solutions (Mazu, Counteract, Solarwinds) and network diagramming software (Visio)
- Experience documenting information security policies and implementing NAC appliances
- Previous management of the implementation of circuits and data/voice connectivity with Fiber and Copper physical layer technologies
- Ability to create and modify processes and effectively communicate them to direct reports, colleagues and users
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with VMWare and EMC SAN
- CCNP (or higher) certification
Salary commensurate with education and experience to a maximum of $85,000
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigate to the following links; "Employment" and "Search Job Postings"
Please attach resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
April 13, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
Dean, College of Engineering, Informatics, and Ap…
Northern Arizona University
VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
University of Louisiana at Monroe
Vice President for Institutional Equity/Chief Div…
College of St. Scholastica
Dean of the College of Natural, Behavioral, and H…