Coordinator-Mental Health Services
SUBJECT: Coordinator-Mental Health Services (Ammerman Campus)
Announcement is hereby made for a full-time, 12-month, tenure track appointment beginning the fall 2018 semester on the Ammerman Campus in Selden. Suffolk County Community College is an open admissions institution committed to serving a diverse student population in a variety of degree and career programs.
This is a Unit III position covered under the Faculty Association of Suffolk County Community College collective bargaining agreement with the College.
This individual will:
- Provide short-term individual mental health counseling to students.
- Consult with faculty and staff regarding students of concern with potential mental health issues.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of psychoeducational workshops, mental health awareness events and other outreach programs for students, staff and faculty.
- Serve as a member of campus and College committees meeting about students of concern.
- Develop external referral sources and direct students to off-campus agencies and mental health practitioners.
- Evaluate and assess students in crisis and provide appropriate treatment.
- Create and present workshops for students on relevant mental health topics.
- Provide training to others in the college community regarding dealing with students experiencing mental health issues.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of all clinical interactions and consultations.
- Perform case management and administrative responsibilities in support of clinical work.
- Provide academic advising, career and transfer counseling to students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants must possess a minimum of a Master’s Degree in social work or mental health counseling. Full NYS licensure as a psychologist, clinical social worker, or mental health counselor required. A Ph.D. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology is preferred. At least one year of full-time experience providing direct psychological services to students in a college setting is required, and three years is preferred.
Click on the following link:
Select position #18-21 and read the description.
Click Apply Online to submit resume and cover letter.
The New York State Retirement and Social Security Law requires retirees of a public pension plan within the State or City of New York to disclose prior public employment and pension plan history for the purpose of establishing a retiree’s eligibility for employment.
More search results
Dean, College of Engineering, Informatics, and Ap…
Northern Arizona University
VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
University of Louisiana at Monroe
Vice President for Institutional Equity/Chief Div…
College of St. Scholastica
Dean of the College of Natural, Behavioral, and H…