Coordinator-Mental Health Services
SUBJECT: Coordinator-Mental Health Services (Ammerman Campus)
Announcement is hereby made for a full-time, 12-month, tenure track appointment beginning the fall 2018 semester on the Ammerman Campus in Selden. Suffolk County Community College is an open admissions institution committed to serving a diverse student population in a variety of degree and career programs.
This is a Unit III position covered under the Faculty Association of Suffolk County Community College collective bargaining agreement with the College.
This individual will:
- Provide short-term individual mental health counseling to students.
- Consult with faculty and staff regarding students of concern with potential mental health issues.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of psychoeducational workshops, mental health awareness events and other outreach programs for students, staff and faculty.
- Serve as a member of campus and College committees meeting about students of concern.
- Develop external referral sources and direct students to off-campus agencies and mental health practitioners.
- Evaluate and assess students in crisis and provide appropriate treatment.
- Create and present workshops for students on relevant mental health topics.
- Provide training to others in the college community regarding dealing with students experiencing mental health issues.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of all clinical interactions and consultations.
- Perform case management and administrative responsibilities in support of clinical work.
- Provide academic advising, career and transfer counseling to students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants must possess a minimum of a Master’s Degree in social work or mental health counseling. Full NYS licensure as a psychologist, clinical social worker, or mental health counselor required. A Ph.D. in Counseling or Clinical Psychology is preferred. At least one year of full-time experience providing direct psychological services to students in a college setting is required, and three years is preferred.
Click on the following link:
Select position #18-21 and read the description.
Click Apply Online to submit resume and cover letter.
The New York State Retirement and Social Security Law requires retirees of a public pension plan within the State or City of New York to disclose prior public employment and pension plan history for the purpose of establishing a retiree’s eligibility for employment.
More search results
DEAN, COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS & SCIENCES
University of Iowa
Dean of the UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music
University of California, Los Angeles
Instructor in Accounting
Texas Christian University
Instructor/Visiting Assistant Professor
Associate Director of Gift Planning
University of North Carolina