Clinical Assistant or Associate Professor of Marketing (Non-Tenure Track)
Old Dominion University is seeking to fill one professional faculty position beginning in Fall 2022. Responsibilities for the position include:
- Teaching 2~3 marketing courses per semester. Courses may involve sales, digital marketing, or general marketing topics at the undergraduate and master’s levels; and they may be delivered in traditional classroom as well as online settings.
- Advancing the Loyalty Science Lab initiative in collaboration with the Director of the Lab. Housed within the Department of Marketing, the Loyalty Science Lab is a collaborative research initiative with a mission to create and promote cutting-edge scientific research on brand and customer loyalty. The position will help manage online and offline marketing and communication initiatives, develop collaborative opportunities with corporate partners, interact with advisory board members, and coordinate events and projects.
- Providing other services to the department as needed, such as student advising, serving on committees, and engagement with the business community.
- A doctoral degree in marketing or a related field from an AACSB-accredited institution, or be ABD and no more than six months from receiving the doctoral degree.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical language in layman's terms and to interact with diverse audiences.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Research expertise and/or practical experience in customer loyalty and related areas.
- Experience with a university center or with community outreach, preferably in a university setting.
- Experience with content marketing and digital marketing.
- Experience with business development and with CRM systems.
- Experience with project management.
How to Apply: Complete the online application (https://jobs.odu.edu/postings/17254) and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, curriculum vitae, a one- to two-page document outlining some ideas for fostering collaboration between university centers and the business community, unofficial graduate transcripts, and contact information for three professional references (references will be contacted upon submitting your application by the application system to upload a recommendation letter). Writing samples from research projects are also welcome, but not required. Please direct all inquiries about the posting to the search committee chair, Dr. Yuping Liu-Thompkins, Professor of Marketing, email@example.com, (757) 683-6551. Application review will begin on January 9, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
About the Department of Marketing: The Department of Marketing consists of a collegial group of faculty who are championing exciting initiatives to increase research quality and impact and expand engagement with the business community. We offer undergraduate, MBA, and Ph.D. programs in marketing. Our undergraduate program features three specialized concentrations: Digital Marketing, Professional Selling, and Marketing Analytics and Research. The Department manages two research and community engagement initiatives: (1) the Thurmond School of Professional Sales and Negotiations, whose mission is to provide inclusive sales and negotiation education to students and the broader community; and (2) the Loyalty Science Lab, which is dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge on brand and customer loyalty through rigorous research and collaboration between academia and marketing practice.
About the Strome College of Business: The Department of Marketing is part of the Strome College of Business, an AACSB-accredited business school. The College is home to eight disciplines: accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing, information technology and decision sciences, international business, and public service. Our online MBA program is ranked among the top 25 Online MBA Programs by Princeton Review and among the top 50 online MBA Programs by US News. Our undergraduate business programs are also among US News’ Best Undergraduate Business Programs.
About Old Dominion University: Old Dominion University is an internationally-oriented, state-supported institution of more than 24,000 diverse students. The university has an R1 (Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Productivity) Carnegie Research Classification. The university is located in the greater Hampton Roads area with a population of about 1.8 million. The area is rich in recreational and cultural activities and has one of the best natural harbors on the East Coast. The resort city of Virginia Beach with miles of beaches is only half-an-hour drive towards the East, and Colonial Williamsburg is also within an hour’s drive from campus. We are located within three hours of Washington, DC and are a few hours away from the beauty and magnificence of the Shenandoah Mountains.
It is the policy of Old Dominion University to provide equal employment, educational and social opportunities for all persons, without regard to race (or traits historically associated with race including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation or genetic information. Individuals from minoritized communities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.