HRIS Solutions Developer (University Staff Professional 1)
Reporting to the Manager of HRIS, with daily leadership of the HRIS Lead Solutions Architect, this position supports the business needs of the Department of Human Resources (HR) and the University community through the organization and maintenance of HR data utilizing and implementing automated systems. As part of the HRIS & Data Management team, this position serves as a functional and software solutions resource for HR enterprise-wide system implementations, operating complex HR module(s), programming/developing software solutions, configuring data values, and ensuring overall HR data quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Develop, program, and code software solutions and/or process improvement in products such as Kuali Build, Visualstudio.net, MS Access, SharePoint, Power Automate, etc. An example is the University COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Database.
- Ensure HR data monitoring, quality, and consistency, including the configuration and maintenance of HR data values in the PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) system and/or in specific modules, e.g. job codes, departments, compensation eligibility requirements, and related configuration table(s).
- Participate in system implementation activities; resolve issues during and after implementation of systems; and participate in testing and validation activities. An example is PeopleSoft HCM Core-CT HRMS upgrades.
- Execute a multitude of HR processing and mass processing activities, such as Mass Salary Increases, Service Time & Longevity Pay; ensure compliance with the associated mandates for such processes, e.g. state statutes and/or union contract language. Gather and interpret data from multiple sources, including statutes, and union contracts while conferring with statewide and/or internal constituents.
- Act as a professional liaison between HR and constituents; provide prompt and professional customer support.
- Carry out project tasks in accordance with project plans and timelines, under the guidance and direction of the HRIS Lead Solutions Architect, providing routine status updates.
- Perform data reporting, manipulation, and analysis, utilizing Data Mart(s) and/or business intelligence (BI) tools, queries, or other available reporting solutions using tools such as IBI/TIBCO WebFocus, PeopleSoft EPM Query, Microsoft Excel, frequently for the purposes of confidential collective bargaining strategies or negotiations. Cross-Functional reporting is common, such as between payroll, student, and financial data; and reporting can involve merging legacy and current data sources and sources from external cloud systems.
- Bachelor's degree and 1 year of professional work experience; or equivalent combination of education/professional training and/or experience.
- Programming and application development experience must be with one or more of the following tools: Kuali Build, Visualstudio.net, VBA, MS Access, SharePoint, and Power Automate.
- Some knowledge of Human Resources disciplines.
- Experience with a Human Capital Management (HCM) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system or similar (e.g. PeopleSoft).
- Strong analytical and programming skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced use and knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. functions and lookups).
- Experience collecting and documenting requirements (e.g. functional specifications and process flows).
- Ability to abide by rules of confidentiality, as this position deals with both confidential data and internal Human Resources knowledge.
- Experience with testing and validation of data or results.
- Experience using Peoplesoft HCM.
- Functional experience with data conversion, integration, and/or transformation activities.
- Experience with configuring data values in systems.
- Experience producing reports utilizing a reporting or business intelligence tool, such as IBI/TIBCO WebFocus, PeopleSoft EPM Query, or similar.
- Knowledge and/or experience in state or federal government and/or knowledge and/or experience in higher education/academia.
- Understanding of government mandates regarding compliance and privacy issues, e.g. Freedom of Information, FERPA.
- Knowledge and/or experience of employees governed by Collective Bargaining and Union Contracts.
This is a full-time, 40-hour workweek, position based in Storrs and includes a full benefits package and competitive salary. Telecommuting on a hybrid/part-time basis may be allowable subject to authorization and University policy, but the nature of Human Resources shall continue to require personal interactions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496170 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on November 29, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
More search results
Senior Director, Instructional Technology
Director, Research Technology
Dean, Douglass Residential College
Director of University Engagement
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design
Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
University of Illinois Springfield