- University of Houston – Clear Lake
- Houston, TX
Vice President for Student Affairs
Serving as a member of the University of Houston – Clear Lake (UHCL) Executive Leadership Team, the Vice President for Student Affairs reports to the President and provides leadership, strategic vision, organization and administrative oversight of campus-wide programs, services, and operations for the following units and functional initiatives/areas: Career Services; Student Housing and Residential Life; Counseling Services; Campus Recreation and Wellness; Health Services; Dean of Students; Orientation and New Student Programs; Student Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; Student Government; Student Advocacy; Student Involvement and Leadership; Student Publications; Military and Veteran Services; and Student Affairs Committees.
The Vice President will advance and enhance a robust student life with programs, services, activities, and facilities to maximize student engagement, participation, community development, and leadership opportunities. The Division of Student Affairs will work closely with student leaders to expand student organizations, volunteer service opportunities, and leadership programming to foster student life programs that assist students in building competencies that will serve them as they further their education and begin their careers. The Vice President will work closely with Student Housing and Residential Life to enhance residential campus life. The Vice President serves as the division liaison to the University Council, UHCL Emergency Management Committee, and provides representation for Shared Governance Committees, particularly regarding Student Affairs policies and procedures.
This position will manage and direct the division’s marketing and communication plans; serve as the liaison with University Advancement to support external and community partnerships; oversee the division collaboration with the Division of Strategic Enrollment Management; collaborate with the Division of University Advancement and the Office of Sponsored Research Grants in all fundraising and grant development initiatives as they relate to the Division of Student Affairs.
Work with Division Business Services Administrator to develop budgets, monitor expenditures, and ensure effective stewardship of finances and resources, including student fees. To actively support a student life experience consistent with UHCL’s mission, the Vice President will establish and maintain collaborative relationships and partnerships with academic affairs, administration and finance, university departments, student organizations, alumni, community members and other stakeholders.
- Minimum of seven years of progressive experience in Student Affairs and higher education.
- Possess an excitement and a passion for working with students and who are committed to student learning and student success.
- Ability to demonstrate success in developing and enhancing student-centered initiatives and engaging diverse student groups to support an enriched, inclusive campus community.
- Qualities include leadership experience in student development and learning, university-wide strategic planning, and use of metrics that assess student outcomes associated with learning goals of programs, activities and services in decision-making.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Doctoral degree in a related field.
- A successful history of supervising and mentoring staff, enhancing residential life, and engaging the campus community to maximize the student experience will be beneficial.
Inquiries, Applications, and Nomination:
The University of Houston – Clear Lake is an affirmative action, equal-opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Parker Executive Search is assisting the University in the search process. The Search Committee invites letters of nomination, applications (letter of interest, full resume/CV, and contact information of at least five references), or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm. Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. It is preferred, however, that all nominations and applications be submitted prior to January 18, 2023. For additional information, please contact:
Porsha Williams, Vice President
Erin Raines, Senior Principal
Parker Executive Search
Five Concourse Parkway, Suite 2875
Atlanta, GA 30328
770-804-1996 ext.: 117
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application process should call the Office of Human Resources (757) 823-8160 (Voice)/(757) 823-2876 (TDD).