- University of Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, United States
Medical and Health Sciences Foundation - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (22009221)
The University of Pittsburgh's Division of Philanthropic & Alumni Engagement (PAE) is seeking a Major Gifts Officer to join a progressive team within our Medical and Health Sciences Department. The Major Gifts Officer provides direct fundraising services to former residents and fellow alumni of the University of Pittsburgh's School of Medicine. This position is expected to: fundraise from UPMC former trainees that are evaluated with the capacity to donate $100,000 or more and build a diverse and sustainable portfolio. Participate and/or provide leadership in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of fundraising projects and programs to meet established development goals as well as personally identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and prospects in accordance with performance targets. Manage a portfolio of approximately 125-150 major gift prospects, soliciting major gifts through meetings, calls and correspondence in order to obtain and/or increase donor contributions and identifying new prospects for cultivation. Develop long-term relationships built on a firm understanding of donors' interests, passions, and values. A strong orientation to collaboration is required along with an enthusiasm for maintaining relationships with departmental leadership, faculty, and colleagues. Responsible for working with departments and faculty to successfully solicit gifts of $100,000 and above. A background in academic medicine, health care, and/or higher education is preferred but not required for the candidate who enjoys new challenges and is eager to pursue a role in philanthropy.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of five years of experience in fundraising/development is required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted per university guidelines. Other requirements:
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in securing gifts and pledges from individuals.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and implementing long-and short-range development initiatives to meet established priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies.
- Working knowledge of a variety of fund-raising strategies and methods.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively one-on-one and to small groups.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities, and to use discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others.
- The University of Pittsburgh is committed to championing all aspects of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility within our community. This commitment is a fundamental value of the University and is crucial in helping us advance our mission, which includes attracting and retaining diverse workforces. We will continue to create and maintain an environment that allows individuals to discover, belong, contribute, and grow, while honoring the experiences, perspectives, and unique identities of all.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets.
The University of Pittsburgh requires all Pitt constituents (employees and students) on all campuses to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. Visit coronavirus.pitt.edu to learn more about this requirement.
Assignment Category Full-time regular
Job Classification Staff.Development.III
Minimum Education Level Required Baccalaureate
Minimum Experience Level Required 5-6 years experience
Work Schedule Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m
Work Arrangement Remote: Teams working from different locations (off-campus).
Hiring Range TBD Based Upon Qualifications
Relocation Offered No
Visa Sponsorship Provided No
Background Check For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check
Child Protection Clearances Not Applicable
Required Documents Resume, Cover Letter
Optional Documents Not Applicable
More search results
Summer Pre-Doctoral Researchers, Center for Compu…
Professor of Visual Effects
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design
Assistant Director, Graduate & Transfer Admission
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design
Chancellor and Dean
Pennsylvania State University
Dean of the College of Business Administration
University of Illinois - Chicago