Assistant Research Scientist, CIWAS Program Manager
The Desert Research Institute (DRI) is seeking a full-time Program Manager in Reno, NV to support the Center for Water and Sanitation Center (CIWAS) in the Division of Hydrologic Sciences (DHS). Working under the supervision of the Senior Director of CIWAS, this position will: 1) conduct research in the piloting and scaling up of a Fluoride Treatment Technology for use in rural communities in rural US and developing countries; 2) support the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Capacity Building Program; 3) support some of CIWAS’ International WASH Sustainability Programs, including the Circuit Rider Program at DRI/CIWAS that will assist non-governmental organizations and local governments to provide long-term, regular support to communities and health care facilities to keep drinking WASH systems working well into the future; 4) conduct research and help develop tools/frameworks on WASH in developing countries; and 5) support other CIWAS programs and research. This program is a DRI partnership with World Vision, Drexel University, University of Nevada, Reno (UNR), and several Universities and organizations in the developing world.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, statistical software, GIS, and social media.
- Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills with high attention to priority and detail.
- Works well independently and within a team and demonstrates a high degree of initiative, flexibility, and collaboration.