Senior Applications Support Specialist (IT Department)
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Information Technology department of The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) seeks an experienced, knowledgeable, and customer-oriented computer professional for the position of Senior Applications Support Specialist. This role works within a collaborative team in The Claremont Colleges IT (TCC IT) for the purpose of providing support and analysis for the integration of applications within TCCS.
The Senior Applications Support Specialist focuses on the operational maintenance for all enterprise applications while maintaining consistent communication with all stakeholders involved. This role contributes to process improvement efforts by gathering and analyzing data for both administrative and technical purposes. The Senior Applications Support Specialist serves as an escalation point for new or junior staff members. Specific duties include:
- Support and maintain all TCCS enterprise applications.
- Troubleshoot system and software issues and coordinates patches or upgrades as necessary.
- Evaluate existing enterprise application and services for needed changes and improvements.
- Analyze data from a variety of sources to develop reports for capacity planning, service inquiries, troubleshooting, and other relevant needs.
- Provide documentation regarding processes and procedures related to project delivery, releases testing and ongoing operational support.
- Coordinate and assist the team in other functions, including but not limited to, software troubleshooting, bug reporting/mediation, new application, and technology research, etc.
- Participate in a team environment to complete project timelines and goals.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate in a high-performance team environment with a conscientiousness to the technical level of the audience.
- Lead diverse and cross-functional teams, including teams with members from across The Claremont Colleges or on teams with members from external organizations.
- Coordinate and interact with application vendors for service and support needs in the TCC IT integrations of enterprise software.
Vaccination: TCCS requires the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. New employees are required to present evidence of complete COVID-19 vaccination within 30 calendar days of hire, unless a medical or religious accommodation or exemption is requested and granted.
Pay: The monthly salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with the duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the position.
Benefits: We are delighted to offer a comprehensive employment benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 10% retirement contributions (no matching required), tuition benefits for employees and their dependents, $50,000 group life insurance, generous time off, LinkedIn Learning, discounts for mobile plans, software, and entertainment, and access to fitness facilities and classes. For more information about our full range of generous benefits please visit https://services.claremont.edu/benefits-administration/. Benefits are subject to the terms and conditions in the plan or policy documents.
ABOUT THE CLAREMONT COLLEGES SERVICES
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the central coordinating and support organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges. TCCS, with a staff of about 300, provides exceptional shared services to 9,000 students, and nearly 3,600 faculty and staff. TCCS staff work in both student-facing services as well as administrative and operational services. Our numerous departments are located throughout The Claremont Colleges campuses in the beautiful city of Claremont, California.
You have an inquisitive mind, are resourceful, enjoy taking initiative, demonstrate perseverance, and are motivated by new challenges and opportunities for growth. You know how to maintain composure in high-pressure situations and are able to express yourself tactfully and with empathy. You have a conscientious attitude and genuinely care about your work, your team, and your customers. In addition, you:
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Are familiar with scripting languages such as Python, Java, PowerShell, and/or C/C++
- Are familiar using operating systems such as Microsoft Windows or MacOS.
- Are able to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information and data.
- Are able to balance multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Have knowledge of various business processes.
- Are familiar with HIPAA and FERPA compliance requirements.
- Are able to gather and analyze data, such as system logs, for troubleshooting and reporting.
- Are able to communicate in English to audiences with a wide variety of technical aptitude and understanding.
Education and Experience: You have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a related field plus four (4) or more years of experience in performing the essential function of this position. Your experience must include the following:
- supporting and maintaining information systems in a professional work environment;
- providing excellent customer service;
- working at an institution of higher education or an organization of similar complexity;
- working with enterprise-level software related to human capital management, student information systems, or financial systems;
- leading projects, teams, or working groups to achieve objectives and goals; and
- Mentoring or coaching peers in a professional environment.
If you have experience with the following, we would especially like to hear from you:
- Working in an institute of higher education.
- Working with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software related to human capital management, student information systems, and various financial systems.
- Leading projects, teams, or working groups to achieve objectives and goals.
- Mentoring or coaching peers in a professional environment.
Only qualified applicants please.
Online Application: Applications are only accepted through our applicant portal at https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TCCS_Careers.
Additional Materials: Please have the following items as a Word or PDF file ready to upload in order to complete your application:
- Resume: Include relevant experience with dates and other qualifications, and
- Cover Letter (Optional): Briefly, describe how this position this position fits into your career goals.
Professional References: Applicants who are selected to move forward in consideration will be required to provide the names of at least three (3) individuals who can speak to the professional qualifications of the applicant.
More search results
VICE PRESIDENT FOR RESEARCH
Vice Chancellor of Enrollment and Strategic Initi…
University of Wisconsin-Stout
FACULTY POSITION IN OPERA AND VOICE
NAU Kitt School of Music
Assistant Professor in Residence -
University of Connecticut
Cornea Refractive Ophthalmologist
University of Utah- Department of Ophthalmology