Dean of the School of Law - University of Missouri-Kansas City
- University of Missouri System
- Columbia, Missouri
- Not specified
Dean of the School of Law
University of Missouri-Kansas City
The University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) is seeking an inspiring and innovative leader to serve as Dean of the School of Law. UMKC is an urban research university serving more than 15,700 students with a broad array of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. This school is accredited by the American Bar Association and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools.
UMKC is recognized for the quality of its faculty, students, research and community leadership. Located in a metropolitan area that is among the fastest growing, most affordable and most entrepreneurial cities in America, UMKC enjoys a diverse base of corporate centers, high-tech firms and prominent non-profits that identify with UMKC. Kansas City is an inspiring example of 21st century economic transformation, with UMKC sitting at its heart.
UMKC’s next Law Dean will lead a law school within an urban research enterprise. Thus, this Deanship is an opportunity to serve the underserved, but also to explore opportunities for corporate law and entrepreneurship both within the law school and within our community at large. We seek candidates who are socially conscious and optimistic about the great things one can do within our fantastic city and for our dedicated stakeholders.
Successful candidates will:
- Provide a clear vision that articulates how this group will grow capabilities, achieve critical ends, and be positioned for future success.
- Leverage and explore interdisciplinary collaborations as both enrollment pipelines and potential differentiators; UMKC has many professional schools and the opportunities for this law school within such a context are great.
- Elevate fundraising efforts and focus on such activities as instrumental to resource growth and achieving this school’s ends.
- Expand this school’s relationships with business, law firms and courts to develop and advance programs that further engage and benefit our students and our community.
- Nurture and develop both experiential curriculum and doctrinal law education as critical to a successful law school and its future alumni.
- Dedicate oneself to staying up with the field so this school can continue to evolve and compete.
The University anticipates this appointment will be made in Spring of 2023. Confidential applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin immediately. For full consideration, applicant material should be provided by January 3, 2023.
Candidates should include a cover letter outlining leadership qualifications as well as a detailed curriculum vitae. Later in the search process contact information for references and additional information may be requested. Candidates will be notified before references are contacted.
The full position profile is available for your review online: https://umurl.us/umkclawdean
Partnering with the school and UMKC in the search is Patrick Arens, Lead HR Consultant for the University of Missouri System. Inquiries, nominations and applications can be sent to email@example.com.
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive community of faculty, staff, and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal of collaboration and inclusion, and value the many unique qualities and experiences a diverse environment offers. The University will recruit and employ qualified personnel and will provide equal opportunities during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
More search results
Assistant Professor, Business Management
University of Nevada, Reno, Management Department
President - Southeastern Louisiana University
Board of Supervisors - University of Louisiana System
Texas A&M University San Antonio
Associate Director, LGBT Center
University of Pennsylvania
President of American River College
American River College