Tenure-Track Assistant Professor - Management
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Lowell, Massachusetts
General Summary of Position:
The Management Department at the Robert J. Manning School of Business, University of Massachusetts Lowell invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Management position, starting Sept 1, 2023. Candidates with research interests in the broad areas of organizational behavior, human resource management, strategic management, and international business will be considered.
The Manning School of Business is growing at a fast pace and is continuously seeking ways to further enhance the faculty’s high level of research productivity. The school is also constantly building and updating instructional programs at all degree levels. Candidates will be expected to develop a strong record of scholarly work and publications in top-tier journals with preferred research expertise in areas mentioned above.
The Management Department is currently building faculty capacity to deepen its research output and increase course offerings at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The department houses faculty with strong scholarly output and teaching expertise in areas of Organizational Behavior, Human Resources, and Strategy. Current academic programs include an undergraduate concentration in Management, a graduate certificate in Management & Leadership, an MBA Managerial Leadership track, and a Ph.D. degree in Business Administration with a Leadership/Organization Studies concentration. Our faculty also regularly teach courses that are part of the undergraduate International Business concentration, as well.
The standard teaching load for research productive faculty is two courses per semester (four per academic year), with the possibility of obtaining a course reduction for publications in top-level journals. The expectation is that faculty will be able to teach a mix of in-person and on-line courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels. Faculty are encouraged to develop productive partnerships with other units of the University, industry and with colleagues from other institutions and countries.
Located 25 miles northwest of Boston, UMass Lowell has over 19,000 students and is one of the largest public universities in New England. The Manning School has over 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students and is accredited by the AACSB-International. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to join a strong department and participate actively in advancing research and educational programs.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Doctorate degree in Management or related areas from an AACSB-International accredited business school, or Ph.D. in base discipline (i.e., psychology) from R2/R1 school, if expertise is organizations/business-related, earned by August 31, 2023.
- Evidence of (or potential for) ongoing high-quality research and publication in the applicant’s areas of scholarly specialization
- A record of (or potential for) teaching effectiveness at the undergraduate and graduate levels in multiple delivery modes
- Experience in teaching online or web-enhanced courses
- Interest in developing new courses, both in-person and on-line
- Willingness to supervise and advise doctoral students
- Industrial, corporate, or new venture experiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Initial review of applications will begin on November 7th, 2022, and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include the following required documents with your application:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Cover letter detailing research interests and accomplishments; teaching interests, experience, and philosophy; and professional background
- Samples of recent publications
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., student course evaluations, department Chair reviews, teaching awards) with your application
- Names and contact information for three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Please read this "EEO is the Law" poster (pdf), which provides an overview of many relevant equal opportunity laws.
More search results
Open Rank Faculty Positions
The University of Maryland Baltimore County
Assistant Professor Position
The University of Maryland Baltimore County
Executive Dean of the Maine Business School
University of Maine
Vice President of Institutional Advancement, Deve…
Edward Waters University