Tenure-Track Assistant Professor - Mathematical Sciences
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Lowell, Massachusetts
General Summary of Position:
The Mathematical Sciences Department at the University of Massachusetts Lowell invites applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty position in Mathematics at the rank of Assistant Professor to start on September 1, 2023. Candidates from all fields of Mathematics are invited to apply. Preference will be given to applicants with a strong mathematical background who have an established track record and/or potential for high-quality research. The successful candidate will be expected to publish in scholarly journals, initiate and participate in funded research programs and contribute to the teaching mission of the department.
The Department of Mathematical Sciences offers Bachelor's and Master's degrees as well as an interdisciplinary Computational Mathematics Doctorate degree with the Computer Science department. The department has a diverse group of faculty members applying mathematical and statistical methods to research problems in pure and applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, business and public health. Candidates interested in establishing collaborations with faculty in the Mathematical Sciences Department or across the University are encouraged to apply. For more information, see https://www.uml.edu/sciences/mathematics/
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is a public research university located 25 miles north of Boston, which is home to many world-leading high-tech companies and universities. There are ample opportunities for scientific interaction, exchange, and collaboration. The University is one of the fastest-growing universities in national rankings in the country over the past five years, and it offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- An earned Doctorate in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or a related discipline by Sept. 1 2023
- A record of quality research
- A record of teaching
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- Research Statement including research goals, past research accomplishments and a 3-year research plan
- Teaching Statement which provides details of previous teaching experience
- Names and contact information for three references will be required at the time of application. References will be contacted for a letter of reference immediately after application submission. References will be required to upload recommendation letters to our on-line portal; neither emailed nor hard-copy letters will be accepted. *Three letters of reference are required (at least one of which addresses the applicant’s teaching experience or potential).
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Please read this "EEO is the Law" poster (pdf), which provides an overview of many relevant equal opportunity laws.
More search results
Open Rank Faculty Positions
The University of Maryland Baltimore County
Assistant Professor Position
The University of Maryland Baltimore County
Executive Dean of the Maine Business School
University of Maine
Vice President of Institutional Advancement, Deve…
Edward Waters University