Director of Institutional Compliance
- University of North Texas
University of North Texas
Director of Institutional Compliance
The University of North Texas (UNT) invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Institutional Compliance.
The Director of Institutional Compliance is the Chief Compliance Officer of the University and is responsible for providing leadership and guidance in establishing and implementing a comprehensive compliance program that addresses regulatory requirements governing the University. The Director is responsible for overseeing and coordinating between compliance areas related to research and grant activities, finance, athletics, student affairs, professional services, and other highly regulated risk areas and defined institutional risks. The Director will partner with compliance professionals across the University in order to create a seamless, well-coordinated, and effective compliance strategy. Reporting directly to the President of the University, the Director of Institutional Compliance functions independently and objectively in reviewing and evaluating compliance issues/concerns and oversees the administrative conflict of interest management process. The Director also works closely with the leadership of the University of North Texas System to ensure that University policies and practices align with those of the System and adhere to the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
The University of North Texas
Since 1890, the University of North Texas (UNT) has been dedicated to providing excellent educational experiences to its students, while fueling the intellectual, economic and cultural progress of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, one of the largest, most dynamic regions in the United States. A student-focused public research university, UNT graduates more than 8,500 students each year from its 13 colleges and schools and offers 103 bachelors, 86 masters and 38 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized. By providing access to quality educational experiences, welcoming diversity and strengthening collaborations with many educational, business and community partners, as well as building new partnerships across the globe, UNT’s faculty and staff work each day to prepare its 38,000 students for the challenges they will meet in our changing world. In addition, UNT is developing Discovery Park, a research park with technology incubator facilities on a 300-acre property near the main campus. The University of North Texas is one of 115 universities in the country recognized as a Carnegie Classified ‘Doctoral University: Highest Research Activity’.
For more information about UNT please visit: http://www.unt.edu
Successful candidates for the Director of Institutional Compliance position will possess:
- A bachelors degree in a related field;
- A minimum of seven years of progressive compliance experience;
- Considerable knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and university academic and administrative policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated success of working with leadership to integrate compliance into daily operations;
- Visionary and collaborative leadership experience leading teams in a complex organization;
- Demonstrated credibility and effectiveness in interacting across the university, with administrators, faculty, and staff;
- Experience working across numerous academic and administrative units (e.g., finance, student affairs, research, athletics, etc.);
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills.
In addition, the most qualified candidates will also have:
- Experience developing and implementing training and internal monitoring activities (e.g., leadership over conflict-of-interest policies and procedures, institutional compliance hotline, etc.);
- Demonstrated credibility and effectiveness in interacting with outside regulatory officials;
- Training/experience in research compliance (e.g., OMB Circular A-21 federal grants compliance, IRB, IACUC, clinical trials, responsible conduct of research and misconduct, regulatory affairs, export controls, etc.);
- Training/experience in environmental health and safety;
- Training/experience in accounting, controls, finance, and/or audit;
- Training/experience in Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action;
- Training/experience in NCAA athletics-related compliance;
- Training/experience in higher education compliance requirements (e.g.,Clery Act, Title IX, and Higher Education Opportunity Act, etc.).
Procedure for Candidacy
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue to accept applications and nominations until the position is filled. Applicants must submit a current resume and/or curriculum vitae, along with a letter of interest describing relevant experience and interest in the position. Submission of materials via e-mail is strongly encouraged. Nomination letters should include the name, position, address and telephone number of the nominee. All nominations and applications will be handled in confidence.
Applications and letters of nomination should be submitted to:
Alberto Pimentel, Managing Partner
Navid Nakai, Senior Associate
Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates
6512 Painter Avenue
Whittier, CA 90601
Refer to code “UNT-DIC” in subject line
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
More search results
Senior Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Montana State University
Salve Regina University
Dean, The Graduate School
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Inclusion
Greenwood/Asher & Associates
Director of Residence Life
Ohio University - Housing and Residence Life