Clinical Faculty Position in MIS Krannert School of Management
The Krannert School of Management at Purdue University invites applications for one clinical faculty position (non-tenure track but promotable to higher rank) in Management Information Systems (MIS) beginning in fall 2023.
The primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing instructional materials and teaching IT, data, and analytics related undergraduate courses, such as programming, database management, analytics and decision making, AI/analytics strategies, etc.
- Developing and supervising experiential learning courses or projects for the undergraduate and graduate BAIM (Business Analytics & Information Management) program students. Representing the MIS area in the school’s existing program management and new program development.
- Developing and teaching innovative courses for residential master’s programs, weekend MBA program, online MBA program, and online master’s BAIM program.
- Engaging in academic and business venues to follow, collaborate, and adapt the latest developments in information systems and analytics education and application for keeping course curriculums up to date.
- Serving as the co-director for the Master’s in BAIM (Business Analytics & Information Management) or other programs, as necessary.
These responsibilities are reflected as in the requirements of, for an academic year, 18 credit hour course teaching and 6 credit hours of program management, area/department/school/university services, and external partners’ engagement. Salary and compensation are highly competitive and commensurate with candidate experience and achievements.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A Ph. D. in MIS or a closely related discipline.
- Passionate about teaching and evidence of teaching excellence.
- Strong ability to develop and organize experiential learning projects and events.
- Effective communication skills, particularly with colleagues and students.
- Industry experience/connection is a plus.
To apply, please visit https://careers.purdue.edu/job-invite/22585/ Applicants should submit the following:
- cover letter
- teaching statement
- diversity statement
- evidence of teaching excellence
- three names for recommendation letter writers submitted here:
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
Questions and correspondences should be addressed to the Chair, MIS Clinical Faculty Recruiting Committee. Review of applications will begin in January of 2023 and the position will remain open until filled. The Faculty Recruiting Committee can be reached at email@example.com.
Purdue University, the Krannert School of Management and the Management Department are committed to free and open inquiry in all matters. Candidates are encouraged to address in their cover letter how they are prepared to contribute to a climate that values free inquiry and academic freedom. A background check will be required for employment in the position.
About the Organization
As Indiana’s land grant institution established in 1869, Purdue is one of the nation’s leading public research universities. Located in West Lafayette, IN, Purdue offers faculty a great work and non-work environment. Recently recognized as one of the safest cities in Indiana, West Lafayette is centrally located to a number of major business centers including Chicago (2 hours), Indianapolis (1 hour), Cincinnati (3 hours), Louisville (3 hours), Columbus (3.5 hours), and St. Louis (4 hours). Purdue’s Research Park is home to over 300 business start-ups, many of which originated from faculty innovations. The Krannert School of Management offers undergraduate programs, executive, online, and weekend MBA programs, numerous specialized Master’s programs, and doctoral programs.
For a complete list of benefits, please visit our website at: https://www.purdue.edu/hr/Benefits/.
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Summer Pre-Doctoral Researchers, Center for Compu…
Professor of Visual Effects
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design
Assistant Director, Graduate & Transfer Admission
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design
Chancellor and Dean
Pennsylvania State University
Dean of the College of Business Administration
University of Illinois - Chicago