Campus Operations Manager
- CUNY School of Professional Studies
- 119 W 31st St. New York, NY 10001
- Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Job Title: Campus Operations Manager
Job ID: 25190
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
For over 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has been leading online education in New York. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the University system’s only undergraduate all-transfer college, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has risen by more than 30% in the last four years to over 4,000 students in the credit-bearing programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs. In addition, the School has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which offers multiple scholarship opportunities to current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top online institutions. This year, the School was ranked in the top 2% in the nation on the publisher’s list of the 2021 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Reporting to the Campus Operations Director, the Campus Operations Manager, in addition to the CUNY Title Overview, will:
- Manage facilities support services planning and logistics.
- Administer operational workflow processes.
- Project manage space updates and renovations according to leased space agreements.
- Ensure up-to-date contracts, indemnity, and Certificate of Insurance (COI) forms on file as needed for vendor services and planned events, as needed.
- Manage departmental budget and procurement processes.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing calendar of reports, deadlines and key dates; create and maintain departmental guidelines and processes; manage the collection, retention and dissemination of information and documents; and, develop library of standard departmental communications.
- Managing the facilities operational aspects of the staffing process for new and exiting staff.
- Assist with the facilitation of HR-approved reasonable accommodation needs for staff.
- Manage office supply stock and distribution.
- Supervise, train and manage a diverse team. Provide staff training and professional development, conduct annual performance reviews.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as required.
- Represent SPS with various CUNY departments, i.e., CUNY Office of Facilities Planning, Construction and Management (FPCM), CUNY Procurement / Purchasing Office, CUNY Office of Environmental, Health, Safety and Risk Management, and CUNY Office of Capital Assets & Property Management.
- Partner with building management and building superintendents for all SPS leased and/or occupied spaces.
- Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
- This is an on-site position.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Progressively responsible experience in operational management and administration, specifically in a higher education setting;
- Planning and project management skills;
- Procurement and AP experience;
- Experience managing internal staff, and, external contractors and vendors providing on-site services;
- Experience in the management, analysis, and design/re-design of business operations and processes;
- Knowledge of the federal, state and local laws regarding building codes and public spaces;
- Must have flexibility to work evenings, weekends and/or holidays if necessary;
- Excellent collaborative and responsive team building and team work approach;
- Excellent communication skills with a superior customer service orientation.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages administrative and program activities of an academic or administrative unit.
- Manages administrative aspects of department operations such as admissions, recruitment, scheduling, facilities management, and events.
- Serves as Office Manager, supervising and training staff, managing financial operations and budgets, and coordinating technology, equipment, security, and building maintenance requirements.
- Represents management in meetings and activities related to department administration.
- Maintains archives, inventories, or collections of materials or records needed by the department.
- Works with fund-raising, marketing, technology, and other personnel to provide information and participate in Campus or University-wide initiatives.
- Collect information for, produce, and distribute department reports covering program, fiscal, and human resources issues
- Independently carries out unit activities such as approvals, student interactions, and participation in campus- or university-wide committees and projects.
Job Title Name: Administrative Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience up to $88,602.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit CUNY.JOBS and search for this vacancy using Job ID # 25190 or Title. From our job posting system, select "Apply Now”, create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information.
Applicants should attach a resume and cover letter.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
VICE PRESIDENT FOR RESEARCH
Vice Chancellor of Enrollment and Strategic Initi…
University of Wisconsin-Stout
FACULTY POSITION IN OPERA AND VOICE
NAU Kitt School of Music
Assistant Professor in Residence -
University of Connecticut
Cornea Refractive Ophthalmologist
University of Utah- Department of Ophthalmology