- Wilberforce University
- Wilberforce, Ohio
The Board of Trustees announces the search for the next president of Wilberforce University. Wilberforce University seeks an exceptional leader to champion the institution’s sacred duty to educate and enrich its students. The President will be the public face and representation of Wilberforce University, presenting the highest levels of integrity, morality, and trust.
Founded in 1856, Wilberforce University is the nation’s oldest private, historically Black University owned and operated by the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Wilberforce University is a four-year accredited liberal arts institution grounded in the time-honored tradition of the liberal arts with an intentional focus on entrepreneurship that addresses the aptitudes, interests, and aspirations of the millennial student. An education at Wilberforce University is based in five core pillars: communication, problem solving, critical thinking, global perspective, and citizenship.
The next President of Wilberforce University will possess:
- Strategic capability to act as a change agent for the university
- The ability to balance strong, timely executive leadership with inclusive decision-making and shared governance
- A philanthropic ethos to increase the university’s visibility in our community and region
- A results-oriented drive to meet the university’s strategic objectives
- Additional desired competencies with
- Financial management
- Improving student enrollment
- Data analytics and information technology
- Student engagement
- Internal and external relationship building
Additional information on Wilberforce University is available at:
The Search Profile, with additional information about Wilberforce University, the opportunities for the President, and instructions for application, may be found at:
The Search Committee will review applications as they are received and continue its work
until an appointment is made. To assure fullest consideration, application materials, as described in the Search Profile, should be received by midnight Eastern time, November 28, 2022.
Candidates should provide the following:
- A letter of interest that responds to the position profile, the specific qualifications, and the desired characteristics for the president.
- A current and comprehensive CV or resume.
- Five professional references with emails, telephone numbers, and a description of the candidate’s professional relationship (references will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant).
Applications and nominations should be sent electronically (MS Word or PDF Format) to:
AGB Search is assisting Wilberforce University with this search. Inquiries, nominations, and questions should be directed to a member of our search consultant team:
Dr. Carlton Brown – Executive Search Consultant
Dr. Gwendolyn Boyd – Executive Search Consultant
Dr. Rod McDavis – Managing Principal
Wilberforce provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at Wilberforce University are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More search results
Dean, College of Science
Rochester Institute of Technology
Multiple open-rank faculty positions in Renewable…
University of Maryland Baltimore County
Chair and Professor in Computer Science
Cleveland State University
Dean of the College of Music and Dramatic Arts
Louisiana State University
CUNY School of Professional Studies