Assistant Professor of Aerospace
The Graduate Aerospace Laboratories at the California Institute of Technology (GALCIT) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the assistant professor level. We are seeking highly qualified candidates committed to a career in teaching, mentoring and research excellence in the broad area of aerospace. We specifically welcome candidates who are interested in research that expands the frontier of measurement capabilities and the full spectrum of their application within aerospace sciences and systems and/or that leverages data science and computation to augment empirical observations in aerospace or mechanics more broadly. It is anticipated that a successful candidate would collaborate broadly with investigators both within and beyond the Engineering and Applied Science Division, as well as in centers at Caltech including, for example, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, the Center for Autonomous Systems and Technologies, the Center for Quantum Precision Measurement, and the Resnick Sustainability Institute. The appointment is contingent upon completion of the Ph.D. degree in an appropriate engineering or science related discipline.
Applications should be completed online by January 9, 2023; however, the review of applications will begin immediately upon receipt.
Caltech and the Engineering and Applied Science Division value and have a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We especially seek to attract promising scholars with backgrounds that have been historically underrepresented in STEM fields. Successful candidates for this position are also expected to demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion through their research, teaching, and/or service.
Interested candidates should apply online. Applications should include:
- a brief essay (no more than 4 pages) describing research goals and plans and how these are supported by previous academic qualifications and professional experiences; the value they will bring to the Institute’s curricula as well as GALCIT’s research program.
- a 1-2 page teaching statement, including approach to and philosophy of teaching.
- a 1-2 page diversity and inclusion statement that discusses past and/or anticipated contributions to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the areas of research, teaching, and/or outreach.
- a curriculum vitae.
- a list of papers published and submitted with refereed papers indicated.
- the names and email addresses of at least three references letter writers.
Questions about the application process may be directed to email@example.com.
More search results
College Assistant Professor in Digital Filmmaking
New Mexico State University
Dean for SDSU Global Campus
San Diego State University
FACULTY POSITION IN OPERA AND VOICE
NAU Kitt School of Music
Cornea Refractive Ophthalmologist
University of Utah- Department of Ophthalmology
Lead Building Attendant (Day or Evening Shift)
The Claremont Colleges Services