Provost and Chief Academic Officer
- Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences
- Yakima, Washington
Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU), a private medical school founded in 2005 in Yakima, Washington, seeks a mission-centric, forward-thinking, collaborative academic leader who will serve as the University’s next Provost and Chief Academic Officer. The University Provost and Chief Academic Officer reports directly to the President and provides strong academic and administrative leadership to enhance academic excellence and scholarly activity to meet the mission of PNWU.
PNWU is a grassroots, non-profit health sciences university established in 2005 by a group of visionary community leaders in Washington’s fertile Yakima Valley aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest. The University's inaugural program was the first new medical school to open in the Pacific Northwest in sixty years. The University currently offers the degrees of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Physical Therapy, and Master of Arts in Medical Science enrolling over 700 students annually with ambitious plans underway to establish a School of Dental Medicine in collaboration with Delta Dental® of Washington. Interprofessional educational partnerships with other universities add another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five-state region. For more information about the University, visit https://www.pnwu.edu/
A complete Position Profile may be found at: https://www.agbsearch.com/searches/provost-and-chief-academic-officer-pacific-northwest-university-of-health-sciences
Desired Qualifications and Attributes
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a team and empower academic stakeholders
- Excellent internal advocacy skills to garner resources needed and work collaboratively with administration and senior leadership to ensure needs are understood and addressed
- Demonstrated evidence of inspiring and implementing interprofessional practice and education among various health disciplines to train students in settings representative of today’s healthcare system
- Understanding and appreciation of research in healthcare and academic settings
- An appreciation for shared governance and proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with university administration, faculty, staff, students, and other constituents
Nominations and Applications
All nominations, inquiries and applications will be received and evaluated in full confidence. The search committee will begin a review of applications immediately and continue its work until an appointment is made. To assure full consideration, application materials should be received by the priority application deadline of November 21, 2022, and must include:
- A letter of interest stating how their experience and qualifications connect with the PNWU mission, required/preferred characteristics, and priorities expressed in the leadership profile;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A statement of contribution to diversity, equity, and inclusion; and
- The names and contact information of five professional references. References will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant.
Application materials and nominations (MS Word or PDF) should be sent electronically to: PNWUProvost@agbsearch.com.
PLEASE DIRECT NOMINATIONS AND INQUIRIES TO:
Laura Woodworth-Ney, Ph.D., Principal, email@example.com / (208) 589-8896
Joy Yablonsky, Executive Search Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org / (215) 934-1386
PNWU is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment and student application decisions on the basis of merit. The University shall not discriminate against faculty, staff, volunteers, students, or applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law for any reason including recruitment, selection, and promotion.
As well, PNWU prohibits all forms of harassment by students, employees, guests, or volunteers whether intentional or unintentional, on campus or at other owned or contracted facilities.
More search results
Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
Maryland Institute College of Art
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Loyola University Maryland
Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Af…
University of New Haven
Dean of the Olin Business School
Washington University in St. Louis