Academic Assessment Manager
- CUNY School of Professional Studies
- New York
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
Job Title Academic Assessment Manager
Job ID 25028
Location School of Professional
Full/Part Time Full-Time
For over 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has been leading online education in New York. Notable for oﬀering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the University system’s only undergraduate all-transfer college, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to ﬁnish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certiﬁcate in a specialized ﬁeld, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has risen by more than 30% in the last four years to over 4,000 students in the credit-bearing programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs. In addition, the School has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which oﬀers multiple scholarship opportunities to current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top online institutions. This year, the School was ranked #10 in the nation on the publisher’s list of the 2022 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Institutional Eﬀectiveness and Planning, the Assessment Manager’s responsibilities, in addition to those in the CUNY Title Overview, will include but are not limited to:
- • Develop assessment plans, including identifying programmatic goals, learning outcomes, activities, assessment methods, and targets, and creating curricular maps.
- • Research and develop assessment tools and evaluation instruments (e.g., rubrics) that include attention to assessment of diversity and inclusion practices in teaching and learning.
- • Develop and deploy assessment workﬂows, processes and schedules.
- • Guide academic programs through assessment plan implementation, including conducting learning outcomes assessment, analyzing results and making recommendations for improvement.
- • Provide support and professional development to programs to build capacity in all areas of academic assessment and that fosters a culture of continuous improvement in a collaborative manner.
- • Create and implement a formal Periodic Program Review process for academic programs. Generate reports of assessment activities for school leadership.
- • Facilitate a school-wide assessment group; participate in CUNY-wide assessment initiatives, conferences and working groups.
- • Build and/or maintain an accessible site to document the assessment eﬀorts of the school. Maintain an evidence repository for accreditation eﬀorts, and assist with coordination of regional (Middle States) and programmatic accreditation and compliance processes.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is deﬁned for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their ﬁnal dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their ﬁrst day of employment.
Until further notice, this is a hybrid position, eligible to work remotely and work in the oﬃce.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
The preferred candidate will have:
Demonstrated extensive knowledge of and experience with assessment of academic programs, including developing program goals, student learning outcomes, and curricular maps.
Proven knowledge of direct and indirect learning outcomes assessment methodologies. Demonstrated ability to use assessment results to support data-informed improvements of academic programs.
Demonstrated proﬁciency analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
Demonstrated ability to educate faculty on eﬀective, innovative, student-centered academic assessment that emphasizes educational equity.
Experience supporting higher education accreditation processes.
Strong organizational skills, including time management, project planning and management, and maintaining detailed and accurate ﬁles and records.
Advanced skills in Microsoft software, particularly Word, Excel and Teams. Experience using reporting, assessment and evaluation software.
Excellent communication skills, and, strong interpersonal skills.
Culturally sensitive and caring with a deep understanding of an inclusive and diverse school community and a commitment to values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages College activities related to assessment planning to achieve excellence in student learning outcomes through systemic course and program assessment.
- - Advises department personnel in developing assessable course and program goals, learning outcomes, and assessment measures
- - Designs, conducts, and reports on assessment activities
- - Analyzes and reports on activities, results, and recommendations, and plans future goals and targets; coordinates reporting with College management and external organizations
- - Collaborates with faculty on issues related to assessment for teaching and learning initiatives, including grant proposals and reports
- - Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Assessment Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience up to $105,676.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well- being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit CUNY.JOBS and search for this vacancy using Job ID # 25028 or Title. From our job posting system, select "Apply Now”, create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information.
- • Applicants must attach a resume and cover letter.
October 12, 2022
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
More search results
Dean, College of Science
Rochester Institute of Technology
Multiple open-rank faculty positions in Renewable…
University of Maryland Baltimore County
Chair and Professor in Computer Science
Cleveland State University
Dean of the College of Music and Dramatic Arts
Louisiana State University
CUNY School of Professional Studies