VP for Advancement and University Relations and Executive Director of the WOU Foundation
- Western Oregon University
- 345 Monmouth Ave N, Monmouth, OR 97361
Vice President for Advancement and University Relations and
Executive Director of the WOU Foundation
Western Oregon University invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice President for Advancement and University Relations and Executive Director of the WOU Foundation. Reporting to the president, the Vice President is responsible for the development of all fundraising and related marketing strategies to grow the base of federal, state, and philanthropic support and increase public awareness of Western Oregon University. The Vice President serves as the chief development officer and leads the university in all matters pertaining to the management and operation of university development, alumni relations, and donor development. This position serves as a member of the president’s cabinet. This position also functions as the Executive Director of the WOU Foundation, a separate 501(c)(3) corporation that exists for the benefit of the university.
Western Oregon University, one of Oregon’s oldest public institutions of higher education, began as a private institution in 1856 and was incorporated into the state system as a teacher training institution in 1882. The campus occupies 160 acres in Monmouth, a town of about 10,000 people in the mid-Willamette Valley. Monmouth is located in Polk County, Oregon. It was named for Monmouth, Illinois, the origin of its earliest settlers. Monmouth was settled in 1853 by a group of pioneers who allocated 640 acres to build both a city and a "college under the auspices of the Christian Church,” and proceeds from the sale of these lands were used to found Monmouth University, currently known as Western Oregon University.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Graduate degree in related field with at least five years of professional experience in fundraising and/or non-profit management; a bachelor’s degree with exceptional professional experience may also be considered.
- Demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources).
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement an annual strategic development plan.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience in creating, implementing and managing a Donor Relations CRM system.
- Constituent/customer focus.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently without close oversight and as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead, and develop high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- Doctorate or other relevant terminal degree.
- Extensive experience in marketing, public relations, legislative relations, special events, graphic design, photography, and printing.
- Expertise in planning, writing, editing, designing, production methods, media relations, management, crisis media management, and organizational development.
- Extensive experience in fund and friend raising.
How to Apply
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC is assisting Western Oregon University in this search. Applications and nominations are now being accepted. Confidential inquiries, nominations, and application materials should be directed to Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC. Submission of application materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged. The search will be conducted with a commitment of confidentiality for candidates until finalists are selected. Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.
Inquiries, nominations, and application materials should be directed to:
Vice President for Executive Search
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC
Senior Executive Search Consultant
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC
For more information about WOU, please visit: https://wou.edu/.
WOU prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by WOU.
More search results
Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
Maryland Institute College of Art
Senior Vice President for Research and Economic D…
The University of Texas at San Antonio
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Loyola University Maryland
Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Af…
University of New Haven
Vice President for Advancement
Wright State University