Tenure Track Professor of Kinesiology
The Department of Kinesiology at Hope College invites applicants for two full-time tenure-track faculty positions beginning Fall 2023. The responsibilities of these positions include, but are not limited to: (1) teaching and program development in Kinesiology with emphasis in the following areas: exercise science, health/fitness, human anatomy, human and exercise physiology, nutrition, and/or biomechanics, (2) advising and professional development of exercise science and pre-health care profession students, and (3) having a scholarly research agenda, with preference given to those who involve undergraduates in collaborative research. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Successful applicants will be required to hold a Ph.D. in exercise science or a terminal degree in a related field of academic study. Individuals interested in this position must demonstrate a commitment to the character and goals of a liberal arts college with a Christian perspective, including a mature understanding of and commitment to the historic Christian faith.
Applicants should electronically submit the following as part of the online application found at https://hope.edu/jobs/
- A letter of application,
- Curriculum vitae
- Graduate and undergraduate transcripts (unofficial versions are acceptable for initial application)
- Contact information for three references
- A statement of scholarly interests and preparation
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- A statement describing the candidate’s fit with the mission of the college (www.hope.edu/about/our-mission) and our Christian Aspirations (https://hope.edu/about/christian.html)
Direct inquiries regarding the position should be addressed to Dr. Maureen Dunn (email@example.com), Chair of the Kinesiology Department.
Additional materials may be required later in the search process.