Project Manager, Center of Innovation for Manufacturing (Hybrid)
This position serves on the Georgia Center of Innovation Manufacturing team with a mission of leveraging existing resources from industry, government, and academia to advance and sustain growth of manufacturing in Georgia. In this role the incumbent will work with manufacturers across the state to identify challenges that they are trying to overcome, provide advice on potential solutions, and facilitate the formation of multi-disciplinary teams that can help the manufacturer overcome their obstacles and grow through innovation. This position also helps to build and support the formation of strategic programs and partnerships that strengthen the state's manufacturing ecosystem to provide growth opportunities for all Georgia manufacturers.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing technical and business expertise in program focus areas.
- Develop and maintain expertise about resources in academia, government, and industry that can support the growth of Georgia manufacturing companies.
- Participate in consultative efforts with Georgia manufactures to identify their challenges and facilitate partnerships with resources in the state to provide solutions that lead to company growth through innovation.
- Participate in identifying, cultivating, and building strategic projects, programs and partnerships that support the growth of Georgia’s manufacturing ecosystem.
- Serve as a key liaison between the Georgia Center of Innovation Manufacturing team and manufacturing industry professional societies. Present information about Georgia’s manufacturing industry, the Center of Innovation, and the Georgia Department of Economic Development at industry meetings, conferences, and events.
- Serve as liaison to the Georgia Center of Innovation marketing team. Provide support, as needed, to the Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD) and other teams within the Georgia Center of Innovation to complete important projects.
- Participate in professional development activities (e.g. professional training, formal classes, and / or pursuing a degree program).
- Coordinate customer relations management system and maintain tracking system for reporting measurable outcomes of collaborations and projects through internal reporting.
- Perform organizational administrative tasks, and other related duties, as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Economic Development, or related field.
Work Experience: 2-4 years job-related experience (or equivalent combination of education and work experience).
Skills: This job requires knowledge and skills in written and oral communication, presenting data, relationship building, project management, strategic planning, manufacturing operations, report writing, and training. Incumbent in this role must be an energetic self-starter with strong communication skills, demonstrate an aptitude for managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, and demonstrate the ability to drive projects to completion with high-quality results.
- Preferred Education: Masters Degree in Engineering, Economic Development, Business Administration, or related/relevant field, or the intention to pursue an advanced degree in one of these fields in the near future.
- Preferred Work Experience: Five years job-related work experience.
- Preferred Skills: Advanced skills and experience in the use of CRM software, databases, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Preferred applicant backgrounds include: Experience in consultative service delivery and/or prior experience working in a higher education and/or economic development environment. Experience working in a manufacturing-related role in industry, academia, or government.
- Preferred Certifications: Certified Economic Developer (CEcD)
This position will reside within the Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute (EI2) and be assigned as a Research Associate I/II. For more information about EI2 see: https://innovate.gatech.edu/
This position is housed at Georgia Tech and the benefits package is offered through GT. The Georgia Department of Economic Development funds and provides the director for this position under a contract between GDEcD and GT. This position directly reports to the Director, Manufacturing within the Center of Innovation at GDEcD, with a dotted line reporting relationship to Georgia Tech as necessary for administrative purposes. To learn more, visit https://www.georgia.org/center-of-innovation/areas-of-expertise/manufacturing
More search results
Asst/Assoc Professor of Special Education with En…
Illinois State University
Certification Officer, Field Placement Coordinato…
Sr. Business Systems Developer - Access Card
University of California, Santa Barbara
Assistant Professor of Speech-Language Pathology
Illinois State University
Dean of College of Liberal Arts
University of Texas at Arlington