Assistant or Associate Professor of Clinical or Counseling Psychology
The Department of Psychology at Hope College seeks applicants for a tenure-track position in Clinical or Counseling Psychology beginning by Fall 2023. Primary teaching responsibilities are in abnormal psychology and clinical or counseling, with opportunities to teach both introductory and specialized courses. The standard teaching load is three courses per semester, typically with one or two preparations per semester. Applications demonstrating experience and capacity to mentor, conduct research, and teach courses that address clinical intersections with race, ethnicity, and culture are especially welcome.
Hope’s Psychology Department is a national leader in faculty-student collaborative research and seeks candidates with a research program that will engage undergraduates. We seek an outstanding teacher who can involve diverse students in all phases of their research. We also welcome innovative teachers who will integrate research with teaching. We especially seek applicants who have demonstrated experience effectively working with racially or ethnically underrepresented students.
Start-up funds for research are available, and the College offers opportunities for internal research support and assistance in seeking external funding. The Psychology Department at Hope College has 12 tenured/tenure-track faculty and graduates about 80 majors per year. The Psychology Department also contributes to Hope College’s interdisciplinary major and minor in neuroscience .
Applications are accepted at http://www.hope.edu/jobs
Candidates will upload the following documents as part of the application:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement addressing how you would support two core dimensions of the mission of Hope College: (a) your engagement with Hope’s Christian aspirations, including how this shapes your teaching, research, and student mentoring, and (b) your global and multicultural engagement via teaching and research, as well as mentoring culturally diverse students
- Statement of your research plans and how you will mentor undergraduates in research
- Sample publications
- Statement describing your teaching philosophy, experience, and interests
- Formal teaching evaluations
- In addition, you will enter the names and contact information for three references when you apply. References will be contacted via email upon your application, providing them with a link to upload a letter of recommendation to your file.
Direct questions to email@example.com. For full consideration, candidates should submit their completed materials by October 15, 2022.
Applicants ideally will have a completed PhD in psychology by August 2023.
Hope College is committed to creating a diverse, ecumenical Christian academic community that invites all its members into a holistic and robust engagement with the historic Christian faith. The college’s board, faculty, administration and staff are committed to the Christian faith as expressed in the ecumenical creeds of the ancient church. Individuals interested in this position must demonstrate a commitment to the character and goals of a liberal arts college with a Christian perspective, including a mature understanding of and commitment to the historic Christian faith.
More search results
Asst/Assoc Professor of Special Education with En…
Illinois State University
Certification Officer, Field Placement Coordinato…
Sr. Business Systems Developer - Access Card
University of California, Santa Barbara
Assistant Professor of Speech-Language Pathology
Illinois State University
Dean of College of Liberal Arts
University of Texas at Arlington