Medical Director, Pediatric Radiology Opportunity
On behalf of Douglas Moote MD, Section Chief of Pediatric Radiology and Ethan Foxman MD, President at Jefferson Radiology, and in conjunction with Connecticut Children’s, CareerPhysician, LLC, a leader in academic pediatric recruitment, has initiated a national search to identify a transformational leader to appoint to Medical Director and eventual successor to Dr. Moote as Section Chief.
- Connecticut Children’s (CCMC) is the only stand-alone children’s hospital between Boston and New York, providing Level 1 trauma care to a tri-state region. CCMC houses centers of excellence for Gastroenterology. Orthopedics and Urology and is an exclusive partner of Jefferson Radiology, a private group comprised of fellowship trained radiology experts providing comprehensive radiological services at Children’s.
- The pediatric radiology division is comprised of five radiologists and is well supported by fellowship-trained sub-specialists in musculoskeletal, neuro and interventional radiology. The section produces 80,000 radiology reports annually and conducts 7,173 MRI exams and 3649 CT exams per year.
- We believe this to be one of the top leadership appointments nationally in Pediatric Radiology, offering the selected physician the best mix of private practice and academics, working as part of the premier radiology group in the region.
- The medical director will serve as the primary agent for quality improvement, outcomes and safety, and lead institution-wide improvement initiatives. The leader will collaborate with the Director of Radiology to improve the patient and family experience.
- The Medical Director will oversee pediatric radiology training and education for three residency programs housed at Connecticut Children’s and Hartford Hospital, with the opportunity to develop a fellowship program. Objectives include providing oversight across multiple hospitals /offices on behalf of Jefferson Radiology, improving workflows and efficiency of the service, and managing the operations and performance of the group providing services at Connecticut Children’s.
- The imaging resources at Jefferson Radiology and Connecticut Children’s are robust and include: the state’s first orthopedic EOS imaging, 3T MRI Siemens Vida, 1.5 Siemens Vida MRI, Contrast Ultrasound, 640 slice Canon Aquillion Genesis, and a Hybrid Interventional Operating Room.
- The compensation structure and package will be highly competitive, based on experience and leadership contribution. The group offers a one-year partnership (no buy-in) as well as commencement and retention bonuses. Compensation in year one will be commensurate with partner earnings.
- Qualified applicants will be currently board eligible, or board certified by the American Board of Radiology or the American Osteopathic Board of Radiology and have completed one year of post residency fellowship training in Pediatric Radiology. CAQ in pediatric radiology is preferred.
For more details about this opportunity, or if you would like to recommend an individual(s) who exemplifies the qualities we are seeking in a candidate, please contact Mark Lozano at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 469-553-9311. All inquiries will remain confidential, and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant.
Jefferson Radiology is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in creating and celebrating a culture of belonging and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all teammates
More search results
Law Library Director
University of Maine System
Assistant Professor of Theater Design for Perform…
at St. Olaf College
Associate Vice President for Institutional Resear…
The Ohio State University
Vice Chancellor for Human Resources & Institution…
University of North Carolina Asheville
SCADpro Academic Coordinator
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design