Program Manager, Learning Analytics (Hybrid Eligible)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Program Manager, Learning Analytics (Hybrid Eligible)
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The Penn Graduate School of Education is committed to cultivating a workplace that values equity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. We seek talented individuals who will help lead our efforts to create a more inclusive workplace in a community with a substantive institutional commitment to equity and justice. Diversity is prized at Penn as a central component of our mission and helps create an educational and working environment that best supports the University's commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship.
Duties The Penn Graduate School of Education is creating a new Masters program in Learning Analytics, an emerging area of scholarship, and the Program Manager will play a key role in developing and leading this program. Working under the supervision of the Faculty Director of the Masters in Learning Analytics, and the Executive Director of Administration, this new program manager will manage all non-academic functions within the program, with an opportunity to teach up to three courses. In collaboration with the faculty and the GSE admissions office, manage recruitment and admissions to program. Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate orientation with the Student Affairs Office.
- Serve as a primary contact and advisor for program students where appropriate.
- Attend relevant meetings and represent the program's perspective to various GSE administrative centers.
- Manage financial aid allocation and small operating budget.
- Ensure that required and elective courses are appropriately rostered and staffed.
- Manage one administrative assistant, graduate assistants, and teaching assistants.
- Oversee course production and refreshing, and course execution.
- Collaborate with colleagues in similar positions for other programs, helping to improve schoolwide work processes.
- Must be able to virtual attend some evening and/or early morning classes and meetings and strategically contribute to the overall development of the program, in collaboration with the Faculty Director, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to teach courses in Learning Analytics is required; past experience teaching Learning Analytics courses or related courses at master's level is preferred.
- Excellent organizational ability and an eye for detail, with evidence from prior work.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, write clearly and professionally, represent faculty at recruitment activities, interact effectively with diverse actors, encourage multiple perspectives, and support faculty with tact, confidentiality, and judgment.
- Must be collaborative, flexible, and work productively with diverse groups and individuals representing a broad range of constituents (e.g. students, faculty, staff, executives, mentors, industrial partners).
- Ability to foster a productive and positive working environment among faculty and staff
- Ability to use standard tools for Learning Analytics
- Past experience with online teaching or creation of online learning resources
- Management experience is desired.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills is highly desired.
Job Location - City, State
Hybrid Eligible - This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with a work week divided between working onsite and working remotely.
Department / School
Graduate School of Education
$51,824.00 - $78,096.00
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Graduate-School-of-Education/Program-Manager--Learning-Analytics--Hybrid-Eligible-_JR00057369
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-bf27dba157ed1143918c1483ada2cb66
More search results
Professor of Practice in MNO
SMU / Cox School of Business
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER AND VICE PRESIDENT OF BUS…
East Tennessee State University
Assistant Professor of Transcultural Black Europe…
UCLA Department of European Languages and Transcultural Studies
Open Rank Position
University of California, Los Angeles - Department of Asian Languages and Cultures