Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
University of California, Santa Barbara
Summary of Job Details:
UC Santa Barbara is located on the Pacific Ocean, ranks among the top-10 public universities in the nation and is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities. The UCSB Athletics Department includes 20 intercollegiate sports teams and 450 student-athletes that compete for championships in the Big West Conference and at the NCAA Division 1 level. The Gauchos have won a record 10 Big West Conference Commissioner's Cups representing the league's all-sports champion.
The Director of Intercollegiate Athletics is responsible for the formulation of intercollegiate athletics policies, in consultation with the Intercollegiate Athletics Policy Board and the Chancellor, and for financial management of all university intercollegiate athletics programs. The Director is responsible for the administration of university policies and procedures, as well as rules and regulations that govern the various intercollegiate athletics programs (NCAA, Big West Conference, Mountain Pacific Sports Federation, Golden Coast Conference). The Director also plays a fundamental leadership role in regard to fundraising and marketing initiatives for UC Santa Barbara's intercollegiate athletics programs.
• Bachelor's Degree in related area
• Five years of program leadership experience, with demonstrated fundraising experience, a reputation for personal integrity, and a demonstrated commitment to racial, ethnic, and gender diversity.
• Outstanding skills in management, organization, motivation, and leadership.
• Knowledge of Big West Conference, Mountain Pacific Sports Federation, Golden Coast Conference, NCAA, and UC Santa Barbara rules and regulations is necessary.
• Ability to fulfill fiduciary responsibilities successfully.
• Exhibits exceptional talent in the areas of marketing and fundraising.
• Advanced knowledge of the operations of an athletic program.
• Ability to multitask effectively; demonstrates sound judgment and decision-making; is an effective problem solver and effectively communicates verbally and in writing.
• Ability to bring visionary leadership to the program.
• Ability to effectively work and understand diverse student populations.
Special Conditions of Employment:
• Mandated Child Abuse Reporter
• Campus Security Authority
• Must maintain valid CA driver's license, a clean DMV record and enrollment in DMV
• Statement of Economic Interest Filer
• Must be willing to work extended hours to advance and represent the department to
internal and external constituents.
• This is an annually renewable contract position with no limit on total duration.
• Satisfactory criminal history background check.
• UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment.
Inquiries, nominations, and referrals can be directed in strict confidence to search committee co-chairs, Gary Cunningham and Gene Lucas, care of Diane O'Brien at email@example.com.
Pay Rate/Range: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Days/Hours: Monday - Sunday as needed
Benefits Eligibility: Full Benefits
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application review begins: Open Until Filled
Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.edu
More search results
Senior Executive Director, Executive Education & …
University of Michigan Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Assistant Professor or Associate Professor; Nursi…
Wright State University
SCADpro Academic Coordinator
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design
Assistant Professor AC Track Transfusion Medici…
University of Pennsylvania
Orthopaedic Surgery/Adult Reconstruction Surgery …
University of Pennsylvania