Assistant Vice President - 4-H and Youth Development
The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture, Cooperative Extension Service is seeking a visionary leader for the position of Assistant Vice President – 4-H and Youth Development. The position reports to the Senior Associate Vice President for Agriculture-Extension and Director, Cooperative Extension Service. The successful candidate will possess the background and ability to develop a strategic vision and deliver non-formal education in response to the changing needs of Arkansas youth; support diversity and inclusiveness in youth programming, recruit 4-H faculty and staff; enhance extramural funding to support faculty scholarship, programming, and facilities.
The Assistant Vice President – 4-H and Youth Development is the State 4-H Leader and serves a key role on the Extension Leadership Team in furthering the mission of 4-H throughout Arkansas. This position is responsible for the leadership and development of Extension programs for 4-H and youth development, promoting excellence in these programs within the Division, and fostering a strong sense of collegiality among faculty and staff members.
The Assistant Vice President – 4-H and Youth Development has 14 direct reports: six faculty, three program associates, three staff, the Arkansas 4-H Foundation managing director, and the Arkansas 4-H Center director. This position serves on the Board of the Directors of the Arkansas 4-H Foundation.
The Assistant Vice President – 4-H and Youth Development represents the Division of Agriculture and the Cooperative Extension Service to internal and external stakeholders; promotes and enhances the image of the Cooperative Extension Service and the Division of Agriculture; and serves on Division of Agriculture committees.
The University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture Cooperative Extension Service is a unit of the University of Arkansas System with the mission to strengthen individuals, families, and communities by connecting trusted research to the adoption of best practices. The Cooperative Extension Service has offices and county Extension agents in all 75 counties. The 4-H program made more than 7,000,000 educational contacts in 2021.
This is a 12-month position located in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Doctorate required in agriculture, natural resources, human sciences, youth development or a closely related discipline as well as training and experience related to one of the family, youth, and communities program areas, or within a related field. Experience in planning and implementing educational programs required.
- Five years of professional extension experience preferred.
- Administrative experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of the history, philosophy, objectives, and methods of Cooperative Extension work.
• Knowledge of the social, economic, political, and cultural factors affecting extension work.
• Ability to develop and manage innovative programs in Extension or related activities.
• Ability to provide dynamic leadership to enhance youth development programming.
• Ability to develop rapport with the public, commodity organizations, and other groups concerned with 4-H and youth development.
• Ability to speak and write clearly, and to convey ideas effectively to faculty, staff, and the public.
• Ability to lead and successfully manage employees in an Extension setting.
• Physical and mental ability to effectively perform duties and responsibilities related to the job, including long and irregular hours of work and frequent travel.
Applicants for this position are required to upload a Resume, Cover letter, Official or Unofficial Transcript, and three letters of recommendation prior to submitting the application. Once an application is submitted, the applicant will not be able to edit the application or upload additional documents.
If you have technical issues uploading a document or if you have a need to provide additional documentation after submitting your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org
More search results
Director of The Duality Quantum Accelerator-Incub…
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
Assistant Professor - Hinduism
Senior Executive Director, Executive Education & …
University of Michigan Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Assistant Professor or Associate Professor; Nursi…
Wright State University
SCADpro Academic Coordinator
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design