Vice President for Finance and Administration
Located in Annapolis, MD, the USNA Alumni Association and the USNA Foundation are two not-for-profit corporations operating jointly sharing a single president and CEO and VPFA. They both operate together as a fully integrated organization supporting the mission and vision of the US Naval Academy as it develops leaders for the naval service and the nation, and fosters lifelong connections among alumni and families.
In collaboration with the senior leadership team of the Enterprise, the VPFA develops the overall financial and administrative strategic plan. He or she serves as primary liaison with and reports to the CEO on all matters pertaining to governance, financial matters and administration. The position also serves as Treasurer and an officer for both corporations.
The VPFA primary responsibilities include:
- Oversees all financial functions including accounting, treasury, tax, credit/collections, audit, risk management, planning and analysis, budgeting and investment management.
- Oversees the short and long term financial health of the organization
- Leads the oversight of the investment portfolio and is the primary staff leadership contact for the Boards’ Investment Committee
- Leads the oversight of the annual audit and governance functions and is the primary staff leadership contact for the Boards’ Joint Finance and Audit Committee
- Principal staff leader contact with the Naval Academy on Alumni Association and Foundation fiscal, compliance and governance issues applicable to the interactions with the Naval Academy
- Partners with all business units to increase transparency in reporting and budgeting.
- Maintains all the company’s system of accounts and keeps books and records of all transactions and assets
- Coordinates all tax planning and compliance
- Establishes accounting policies and procedures
The VPFA must have a strong financial background and management experience. Basic qualifications include: Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree in finance, business, law or a related field preferred; CPA and/or CFA is preferred; Ten year-plus corporate or enterprise level leadership with a broad operational focus, and five–plus years in non-profit sector preferred; Knowledge of FASB and GAAP reporting and compliance standards; Effective high-level presentation skills for senior leaders and boards.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. To assure full consideration, applications should be received by January 16, 2018 and must include a letter of interest, CV or resume, and the names, email addresses and phone numbers of five professional references (references will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant).
The United States Naval Academy Alumni Association and Foundation are both equal-opportunity employers.
Naval Academy graduates and Military Veterans are preferred.
More search results
Assistant Professor, Computing Technology
Professional Lecturer, Computing Technology
Associate Dean of Extension, Director of the Kent…
University of Kentucky
Dean of Libraries
University of Kentucky
Instructor/Assistant Professor Nursing
Suffolk County Community College