Confidential Executive Assistant - President's Office
- Hunter College
- New York City, NY
Confidential Executive Assistant - President's Office
Job ID: 24658
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the President and working closely with the Chief of Staff, the Confidential Executive Assistant will provide confidential support to the President and Chief of Staff in addition to the CUNY Title Overview and including:
- Manage the daily operations of the Office of the President.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of the President's daily schedule including:
- Contact donors, faculty, staff, alumni, local politicians and others to coordinate and schedule meetings, conference calls, and events.
- Research and prepare materials for all meetings, speeches including collecting or creating meeting agendas; coordinating special arrangements for the room for set up, ordering food, setting up phone for conference calls, etc.
- Liaison with Special Events regarding President's speaking engagements. Schedule time for the event and speech preparation. Make sure all speeches and remarks are being prepared and handled in the appropriate time for every event.
- Monitor the work of the support staff.
- Oversee and go through the President's' mail with the President, including invitations. Distribute important materials to the right person and answer some mail on behalf of the President.
- Prepare and oversee the President's evening work, including briefing for the next day, emails and reading.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required
- Experience working in a fast paced environment in a confidential capacity.
- Ability to multitask and work with all levels of the College.
- Communicating effectively, both written and verbally.
- Discretion regarding confidential matters.
- Proficiency in computer skills and MS Office.
- Strong time management skills.
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Supports a Campus or University Executive as a confidential assistant, organizing and supervising unit activities.
- Creates appointment and meeting schedules, arranges meetings, and prepares for a variety of special events; maintains an ongoing calendar of reports, deadlines, and key dates and incorporates these into a schedule
- Coordinates Executive communications, including those requiring a high degree of sensitivity; responds to public inquiries as well as requests from within the Campus/University community
- Organizes, creates, and distributes key, complex management reports with a high degree of accuracy
- Organizes, manages, and tracks written and email correspondence, maintaining logs and records of follow-up activities
- Procures required internal and external resources and services and manages their utilization
- May supervise office staff, performing basic Human Resources functions such as recruiting and interviewing
- Participates in special projects and efforts to improve unit effectiveness
- Performs related duties as assigned.
This position is excluded from union representation.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Salary range: $51,242 to $73,985
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website www.cuny.edu/employment. To search for this vacancy, click on SEARCH ALL POSTINGS and in SEARCH JOBS field, enter the Job Opening ID number 24658
Click on the "APPLY NOW" button and follow the application instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account.
Please have your documents available to attach into the application before you begin. Note, the required material must be uploaded as ONE document under CV/ Resume (do not upload individual files for a cover letter, references, etc.). The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- Names and contact information of 3 references
Upload all documents as ONE single file-- PDF format preferred
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on July 14, 2022. Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the position/s remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
Law Library Director
University of Maine System
Assistant Professor of Theater Design for Perform…
at St. Olaf College
Associate Vice President for Institutional Resear…
The Ohio State University
Vice Chancellor for Human Resources & Institution…
University of North Carolina Asheville
SCADpro Academic Coordinator
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design