Associate Director of Volunteer Boards, Stewardship
- Miami University
- Oxford, Ohio
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 4998 - Unclassified - FT (Salary)
The principal responsibilities of the Associate Director of Volunteer Boards will include direct leadership of University Advancement’s volunteer activity program, including coordination and management of campaign volunteers. In addition to active participation with volunteer activities, this individual participates in the coordination of volunteer recruitment, training and retention/recognition of volunteers and provides assistance with the governance structure of volunteer boards. The position reports to the Senior Director of University Advancement Administration.
- Provides volunteer management and coordination duties under the direction of the Senior Vice President for University Advancement and the Senior Director of University Advancement Administration.
- Manages group volunteer opportunities, assesses the need for volunteers and volunteer boards and develops job descriptions for volunteers in consultation with the Senior Vice President for University Advancement and the Senior Director of University Advancement Administration as well as other divisional and university staff.
- Aides divisional and university staff in recruiting and selecting volunteers and provides general support and assistance to volunteers and university staff utilizing volunteer boards as needed.
- Coordinates the volunteer orientation and training program, including developing a consistent divisional volunteer orientation and training program for both divisional staff and volunteers.
- Monitors progress of volunteers in the provisional phase of training and provides guidance and additional training as needed.
- Provides assistance with governance structure of the volunteer boards.
- Coordinates divisional volunteer recognition.
- Attends volunteer events as requested.
- Maintains volunteer records, to include personal information, hours, awards, and records.
- Receives and responds to volunteer inquiries.
- Coordinates logistics of volunteer meetings with the Advancement Events team.
- Responds to requests for volunteer assistance from all university departments related to alumni, donor and development needs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience, including development experience and/or working with volunteers.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately in written and oral communications. Excellent writing skills are essential.
- Must have professional interpersonal skills and have the ability to work well with diverse constituencies.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
- Must be creative and have excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Must understand the importance of building life-long relationships between the University and its alumni and friends.
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and pay attention to details and accuracy.
- Must have experience working with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- An understanding of database segmentation, prospect identification and professional fundraising experience.
- Experience with event management.
- Experience with social media, marketing, or website maintenance.
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami does not permit, and takes action to prevent, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Annual Security and Fire Safety Report may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Criminal background check required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco free.
APPLY ONLINE: http://www.miamioh.edu/advancement/careers/
More search results
Dean, College of Fine Arts
Florida State University
Vice President for University Advancement Affairs…
Metropolitan State University of Denver
President and Chief Executive Officer
The Forum on Education Abroad
Vice President for Campus Services
University of California, Santa Barbara