Director of Multicultural Affairs
The University of Tennessee at Martin
The Director of Multicultural Affairs at the University of Tennessee at Martin, under the direction of the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, is charged with promoting a welcoming and inclusive campus environment while advocating for traditionally marginalized students. Responsible for the strategic leadership and day-to-day operations of the Multicultural Affairs program that includes the UTM Multicultural Center, coordination of multicultural programming, advising multicultural student groups and NPHC Greek organizations. The Director is responsible for establishing collaborative relationships and programs with other university units, academic departments, and student groups.
- Direct the operation and administration of the Office of Multicultural Affairs.
- Provide oversight and coordination of the day-to-day operation of the Multicultural Center.
- Lead collaborative strategic and tactical planning efforts that result in multicultural affairs initiatives that support the university’s vision, mission and strategic goals.
- Develop and implement an action plan to support the well-being of minority students.
- Develop student learning outcomes and oversee ongoing, comprehensive assessment of Multicultural Affairs and all related programming, education and activities.
- Serve as primary contact for resolution of minority student concerns.
- Assess and evaluate programs and services related to inclusion and community engagement.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with external organizations that support institutional and departmental efforts to advance equity and inclusion.
- Provide assistance in promoting recruitment and retention of minority students.
- Plan, implement and execute activities, events and programs designed for the social, cultural and instructional development of students.
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing multicultural and diversity based programs including mentoring programming for minority students.
- Co-coordinate the annual Civil Rights Conference.
- Co-advise all student activity programming efforts (Flight Crew).
- Coordinate the development of short and long-range plans for maintenance and improvement of the Multicultural center including procurement of equipment, furnishings, and supplies.
- Coordinate the delivery of information and assistance to students seeking support.
- Prepare, administer, and manage the operating budget and expenditures related to Multicultural Affairs.
- Performs financial analysis and reporting to support decision-making.
- Request, review, and process contracts associated with multicultural programming.
- Serve the Division of Student Affairs in execution of its mission
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Educational Administration, College Student Personnel, Leadership, or other closely related field.
- Minimum 5 years full-time experience progressively responsible professional leadership experience in a collegiate environment.
- Experience in personnel management, strategic planning, and budget management.
- Experience working with diverse populations in program development; implementation, and assessment.
- Ability to build effective relationships with a wide variety of people and organizations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ph.D. in related field.
- Experience supervising a professional team.
- Direct experience in leading a Multicultural Affairs program.
Application Process: Applicants must apply online at www.utm.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin on August 8th, 2022
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/ Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
More search results
Senior Executive Director, Executive Education & …
University of Michigan Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Assistant Professor or Associate Professor; Nursi…
Wright State University
SCADpro Academic Coordinator
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design
Assistant Professor AC Track Transfusion Medici…
University of Pennsylvania
Orthopaedic Surgery/Adult Reconstruction Surgery …
University of Pennsylvania