Admin Executive Assistant (HEOa) - Provost Office
- Hunter College
- 695 Park Ave NY, NY 10065
Job Vacancy Notice
Admin Executive Assistant (HEOa) - Provost Office
Reporting to the Chief of Staff in the Office of the Provost, the Administrative Executive Assistant will, in addition to the CUNY Title Overview, be responsible for completing a broad variety of administrative tasks that include but are not limited to:
- Managing the Provost’s calendar.
- Managing and tracking budget and credit card usage of units reporting to the Provost.
- Managing subscriptions, invoices and reimbursements.
- Coordinating travel and travel expenses.
- Overseeing the hiring/training of college assistants, appointing non-teaching staff, managing time and leave reporting for the office and units reporting to the Provost.
- Tracking and following up with communication and correspondence.
- Serving as a liaison with unit heads, faculty, and staff.
- Simultaneously managing diverse assignments while remaining organized and productive in a fast-paced environment that demands a delicate blend of agility and tact.
- Using emerging and existing tools and technology to support the work of the Provost’s Office.
- Providing confidentiality while using a high degree of discretion and professionalism.
- Contributing to effective office and company operations by performing other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and four years’ related experience required.
- Solid background in effective communication of logical thought processes and information- simply and concisely in person and in writing.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills; be able to deal with multiple assignments/ projects with conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Motivated and enthusiastic self -starter with the ability to work well under pressure, take initiative, exercise sound judgment, discretion and tact in various situations, and solve problems creatively and diplomatically.
- Able to work effectively, collaboratively, and cooperatively with diverse staff and upper level administrators.
- Proficiency using computers and software programs and willingness to learn new systems.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides support to a Campus or University Executive, organizing and supervising unit activities.
- Creates appointment and meeting schedules, arranges meetings, and prepares for a variety of special events. Maintains an ongoing calendar of reports, deadlines, and key dates and incorporates these into a schedule.
- Coordinates Executive communications, including those requiring a high degree of sensitivity. May respond to public inquiries as well as requests from within the Campus/University community.
- Organizes, creates, and distributes key, complex management reports with a high degree of accuracy.
- Organizes, manages, and tracks written and email correspondence, maintaining logs and records of follow-up activities.
- Procures required internal and external resources and services and manages their utilization.
- May supervise office staff, performing basic Human Resources functions such as recruiting and interviewing.
- May perform related duties as assigned; may participate in special projects and efforts to improve unit effectiveness.
Job Title Name: Administrative Executive Assistant
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website www.cuny.edu/employment. To search for this vacancy, click on SEARCH ALL POSTINGS and in SEARCH JOBS field, enter the Job Opening ID number 23643.
Click on the "APPLY NOW" button and follow the application instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account.
Please have your documents available to attach into the application before you begin. Note, the required material must be uploaded as ONE document under CV/ Resume (do not upload individual files for a cover letter, references, etc.). The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- Names and contact information of 3 references
Upload all documents as ONE single file-- PDF format preferred.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
Law Library Director
University of Maine System
Assistant Professor of Theater Design for Perform…
at St. Olaf College
Associate Vice President for Institutional Resear…
The Ohio State University
Vice Chancellor for Human Resources & Institution…
University of North Carolina Asheville
SCADpro Academic Coordinator
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design