- CUNY School of Professional Studies
- 119 W 31st St. New York, NY 10001
Video Producer (Communications Broadcast & Multimedia Production Specialist)
Location School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time Full-Time
For over 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has been leading online education in New York. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the University system’s only undergraduate all-transfer college, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has risen by more than 30% in the last four years to over 4,000 students in the credit-bearing programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs. In addition, the School has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which offers multiple scholarship opportunities to current students.CUNY SPS has consistently been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top online institutions. This year, the School was ranked #10 in the nation on the publisher’s list of the 2022 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
CUNY SPS is seeking a Video Producer to support CUNY Online, CUNY’s new in-house Online Program Manager (OPM). CUNY Online is being incubated and managed by CUNY SPS to leverage SPS’s 15+ years of innovating how online experience is delivered in higher education. CUNY Online will be the primary provider of feasibility, design, development, marketing, training and support of CUNY online programs across the entire University system.
Please note that this position is funded through June 30, 2023, with the possibility of reappointment should funding be extended.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Video Producer will lead video content creation and provide key input into preproduction planning for CUNY Online media content. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain CUNY Online video standards, in alignment with CUNY Online quality standards and templates;
- Provide subject matter expertise to CUNY Online leadership for creating studio processes and workflows related to instructional design, production, and content creation;
- Collaborate with CUNY Online instructional design staff, as well as campus faculty and leadership, in effectively meeting educational goals through all content (including facilitation of review sessions, resolution of issues, creation of new processes to create efficiencies, etc.);
- Build processes and practices for cross-collaborative communication across all teams, including joining meeting prep, facilitating cross-functional meetings, written communication, etc.;
- Implement and effectively use of all project management tools by Studio team (e.g., shared calendars, trackers, developing Base Camp lists); track content development projects according to project goals and timelines; coordinate schedules and work assignments for all video production staff (including full-time and part-time staff, as well as vendors);
- Serve as main point of contact for all productions assigned; trouble shoot and resolve (or escalate) any issues as they arise; step in as director, videographer, or other key roles, as necessary to complete a production;
- Support faculty and subject matter experts in effective communication with all CUNY Online teams, regularly escalating recurring or ongoing issues;
- Assist with studio tool selection, integration, and assessment; facilitate the maintenance of all studio equipment by submitting tickets for any technical issues or damages;
- Supervise studio staff as needed.
- Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
- Until further notice, this is a hybrid position, eligible to work remotely and work in the office.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
The preferred candidate will possess:
- At least 4 years of multimedia and video editing experience, preferably including experience within higher education or education related environment
- At least 2 years of experience supervising editing team(s), providing quality assurance and managing consistency
- Experience in dynamic / growing studio environment
- Experience defining quality standards, and developing new processes / workflows for a growing team
- Experience assessing technology to meet needs of multimedia and cross-functional teams
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills with diverse constituencies
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to manage complex projects
- Committed to campus values of diversity, equity and inclusion
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides expertise in digital and visual communications to support and advance the College's multimedia presence.- Researches and identifies new multimedia platforms that advance College programs and initiatives- Works closely with management to understand and produce effective message elements- Creates and aligns various communication work products such as video, digital formats, layouts, graphics, web pages, and microsites to ensure consistency and effective messaging- Assesses, enhances and manages the user experience on digital platforms including social media- Collaborates with graphic designers, webmasters, and other information technology professionals to create comprehensive broadcast and multimedia communications- Procures required internal and external resources and services and manages their utilization- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience up to $88,602.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit CUNY.JOBS and search for this vacancy using Job ID # 24513 or Title. From our job posting system, select "Apply Now”, create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information.
• Applicants must attach a resume and cover letter.
• Applicants must respond to the screening questions for this position.
July 26, 2022
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
Director of The Duality Quantum Accelerator-Incub…
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
Assistant Professor - Hinduism
Senior Executive Director, Executive Education & …
University of Michigan Stephen M. Ross School of Business
Assistant Professor or Associate Professor; Nursi…
Wright State University
SCADpro Academic Coordinator
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design