Oversees the development and alumni relations programs at the SJ Quinney college of Law within the University, including annual, planned, and major gifts. Develops goals and strategies for all fundraising campaigns. Meets with donors and prospective donors to create and foster relationships. Creates a balanced funding mix of donor sources and solicitation programs tailored to the needs of the organization. Supports the SJ Quinney College of Law and University of Utah’s goals and mission. Acts as a catalyst between departments, faculty, staff, students, and external entities to ensure continuity and quality of service.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN31046B 00096 - College of Law - Dean
COMPENSATION: $100,000 to $125,000
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time. Will include travel, nights and weekends when needed.
1. Develops goals and strategies for fundraising campaigns; designs and executes plans to qualify and cultivate potential donors.
2. May oversee recruiting, interviewing, training and scheduling of volunteer workers.
3. Provides strategic direction by setting short and long-term goals, estimating budgetary requirements for staff, space and equipment planning, and implementing special projects and policies.
4. Develops strategies consistent with the University of Utah’s continuous quality improvement program.
5. Forecasts staffing, capital and operating budget needs in evaluating and reporting on market sensitivity, financial analysis, space utilization review, staff performance evaluation, etc.
6. Markets and promotes new and existing programs and services to internal and external customers.
7. Participates in university-wide committees to establish customer service and administrative plans and policies.
8. Facilitates cooperative and collaborative community and institutional relationships.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or related area, or equivalency; eight years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, human relations and effective communications skills required.
Masters degree in Business Administration, or related area preferred.
Incumbents in this position have the authority to manage assigned units and designated programs and services. They are responsible for ensuring that diverse customer, family and community issues affecting customer service and care are resolved. Directs the planning and administration of the unit’s budget and makes spending decisions within budget guidelines. Oversees program development for assigned units and ensures that policies and procedures are followed.
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/135128
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Law Library Director
University of Maine System
Assistant Professor of Theater Design for Perform…
at St. Olaf College
Associate Vice President for Institutional Resear…
The Ohio State University
Vice Chancellor for Human Resources & Institution…
University of North Carolina Asheville
SCADpro Academic Coordinator
SCAD - Savannah College of Art and Design