- Mott Community College
- Flint, Michigan, United States, 48503
Who we are:
Mott Community College is student-centered and mission-driven to ensure that all our students thrive and reach their fullest potential. As an institution, we are action-oriented and intentional in dismantling every systemic barrier that prevents the excellence of students from underrepresented communities.
As Mott Community College deepens its commitment to equity, it is of the highest priority that we focus our hiring process to seek individuals with the expertise to lead our institution in serving students from underrepresented communities. This is an opportunity for the college community to continue to act upon our values but more importantly for the empowering of our students' self-efficacy, for cultivating a sense of belonging, and for the diversity of our entire student body being reflected in a position of power in the classroom.
Purpose, Scope & Dimension of Job:
The Associate Vice President (AVP) is responsible to lead, direct and provide strategic direction for all human resource functions and operations. The operations encompass labor strategy, negotiations and contract administration; dispute case management and resolution; talent acquisition management and development; performance consultation; benefits administration; compensation and classification system; payroll administration; retention practices; risk management; and policy, procedure development and implementation.
The AVP will serve as the College's representative responsible for enhancing the talent management and retention of employees. This charge will require concentrated efforts to create and deliver talent management solutions which embrace and address the Mott Community College Commitment to Employee Success.
Reporting to the President, this position is the College's senior human resource manager and serves on the senior management team.
A significant portion of this position's time and work efforts are focused on employee success. The College employs approximately 450 regular full-time employees and 300 part-time faculty. The College has six bargaining units as well as exempt and grant-funded employees.
The Associate Vice President provides leadership to a division of twelve full-time regular employees. The AVP directly supervises three employees: two HR Managers and an Executive Assistant.
For confidential inquiries or additional information, please contact: Vickie Vaipulu Search Recruitment Specialist (951) 961-6513 (m) email@example.com Julie Golder, J.D. Vice President of Search Services (202) 775-4466 (o) (202) 384-5816 (m) firstname.lastname@example.org
For best consideration, apply by July 20, 2022 at mott.jobs.
- Master's Degree required in a related field.
- Five (5) years of progressive leadership experience in human resources. Demonstrated success working in two or more functional areas of HR in a complex organization. Areas might include employment, compensation, talent management and development, organizational planning, labor relations, etc.
- Labor relations experience encompassing significant exposure to bargaining, grievance process, contract administration, and dispute resolution.
- Proven experience in the design, implementation, management and review of HR functions. Work history which demonstrates personal initiative in, and ownership of, assigned areas of responsibility as well as the proactive implementation of change.
- Demonstrated understanding, knowledge and ability to interpret HR policies, procedures and employment laws.
- Knowledge of HRIS/HRMS systems and database applications. Ability to use standard office productivity software and tools.
- Experience implementing diversity, equity and inclusion talent management programming. Knowledge of best practices in recruitment and retention of diverse employees, affirmative action and equal employment opportunity policies.
- Demonstrated work history of providing high-quality, strong customer-oriented service.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, logic and research and documentation skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a high-stress environment, handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability and willingness to perform managerial, professional, technical, and administrative tasks.
- Models behavior that upholds the MCC Commitments for Employee and Student Success.
As an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution, the College encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. The College does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran's status, age, disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform adequately, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Title IX Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 2030G), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0024. Title II, ADA, Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Curtice-Mott Complex (CM-1024), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0373. Section 504 Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 1130), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0191.