XR Production Manager
- Savannah, Georgia, United States
- Production Design
12 Month Salaried FT
In this role, you will use your professional experience in film and television production to ensure that the XR studio operates according to high industry standards for studio use, production management, and crew protocol. You will also coordinate faculty and student crews in all phases of the production process, including outreach, scheduling, and coordination of facility use; and collaborate with deans and department chairs for the Schools of Entertainment Arts and Digital Media to ensure proper studio usage and to provide workshops for students.
As production manager, you will update safety plans and policies for the School of Entertainment Arts to align with SCAD safety protocols for “live” sets and productions. You will maintain a detailed project calendar, including deadlines and other milestones, for productions using the Louisville Road Studio; manage the administration, access, and distribution of production calendars with the facilities manager of film and digital media services; and offer tours of the building to high-profile guests, prospective students, and other stakeholders. You will also build the reputation of the Louisville Road Studio to establish SCAD as the only university with an XR stage and professional-grade film studios, among other duties.
The successful candidate exhibits stellar interpersonal and communication skills, and can easily build relationships with professional clients, top TV networks, major film, animation, and music studios, and gaming companies. The candidate should have rich experience in film and television production and will use it to anticipate trends, recommend new strategies, and incorporate trends into the SCAD list of services. Highly organized and results-oriented, the candidate should demonstrate exceptional project management skills and the ability to multitask, prioritize, and coordinate under competing deadlines. Business, production, and client management experience is vital, as is a thorough understanding of camera, color, and light, and how these pieces work together to capture compelling visuals. The candidate should also have experience supervising a visual effects stage (feature film/XR stage level), including camera tracking and attendant technologies. The ability to build computer networks in film and gaming environments is also preferred.
SCAD Savannah seeks a full-time production manager to be responsible for the operation of the university’s XR studio.
Minimum Qualifications: • At least ten years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in Film and television production.
• Knowledge of Visual Effects pipeline and production process
• Business and management experience with film and television productions.
• Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
• Strong combination of business, production, and client management experience.
• Expertise in film and television production technology.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, including the ability to
Successfully multitask, plan, coordinate and prioritize.
• Excellent project and calendar management skills in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
• Proficiency in Unreal Engine
• Proficiency in building computer networks in the film/gaming environments
• Experience running and/or working (supervising) on the visual effects stage at the feature film (XR stage) quality level. This experience would include knowledge of camera tracking and attendant technologies.
• Film production experience, especially from the camera/lighting departments, a thorough understanding of camera, color, and light, as well as how these pieces come together to capture compelling visuals in-camera
Work Hours: The university work week is Sunday through Saturday. Most offices are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. In order to accommodate business needs, employees may be assigned to other work days and/or hours, including weekends and evenings.
ADA Tag: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More search results
Director, Division of Neonatology
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Associate Vice Chancellor & Chief Human Resource…
Counseling Psychologist LGBTQ+ Focused
University of California, Santa Barbara
Interpersonal Violence Specialist Psychologist
Ad Club Advertising
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
The College of Sciences at North Carolina State University