- Visiting Assistant Professor - (FAC000367)
- University of Houston-Downtown
Visiting Assistant Professor - (FAC000367)
Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting
Department Name: D0088 Accounting & Int'l Business
Due to enrollment growth, the Marilyn Davies College of Business at the University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) is seeking applicants for multiple tenure track positions in Accounting beginning in either the Spring 2018 or Fall 2018. Candidates may be at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor level. The Marilyn Davies College of Business is accredited by AACSB and enrolls approximately 2,500 undergraduate and more than 1,100 graduate students.
The successful candidate(s) must be able to demonstrate evidence of, or potential for, high-quality teaching and scholarship and will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate accounting courses. These courses may be offered day, evenings, and weekends as needed to serve the students in face-to-face, online, hybrid formats, and at other campuses.
In this position, the selected candidate(s) will help the Dean of the Marilyn Davis College of Business to engage and interact with managers in the Houston business community in order to ensure resulting Accounting course competencies parallel with industry needs. A successful candidate will be expected to further work with industry to facilitate placement of Marilyn Davis College of Business graduates.
- Candidates for the position must hold a Ph.D. or a D.B.A. in Accountancy from an accredited business school. Advanced ABD candidates may also be considered at the Assistant Professor level. All areas in accounting except tax will be considered, with special consideration given to those in financial accounting or auditing.
- Teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses in accounting.
- Have a demonstrated potential for and commitment to high-quality academic research and instructional excellence.
- Prior related-professional business work experience.
- Professional certification
- Graduate of an accredited business school, AACSB accreditation is preferred
Required Attachments by Candidate: Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Letters of Recommendation, Unofficial Transcripts
For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://uhs.taleo.net/careersection/ex3_uhdf/jobdetail.ftl?job=FAC000367&tz=GMT-05%3A00
The University of Houston-Downtown is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of any of its programs and activities, as specified by all applicable laws and regulations. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Vice President for Communications, Marketing and …
Assistant Professor - Integrative Biologist
Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of t…
Washington & Jefferson College
DEAN OF THE KNIGHT SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION
Queens University of Charlotte
University of Bridgeport