Assistant Professor of Organizational Behavior
The Department of Business Administration at the University of Southern Maine seeks to fill a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor of Organizational Behavior starting Fall 2018.
- teaching at least two of the following undergraduate courses: Organizational Behavior, Leadership, and Human Resource Management;
- teaching the following graduate courses: Organizational Change, Leadership and possibly the MBA Practicum;
- teaching and developing face-to-face and online courses;
- applied research and professional development in areas of specialization;
- University service, in the context of collaborative relationships within the university and the external business community;
- advising undergraduate business students.
The University community is committed to building a culturally diverse team of leaders, faculty and staff. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates.
The University of Southern Maine (USM) is Maine’s Metropolitan University, dedicated to providing students with a high-quality, accessible, affordable education. USM’s strategic focus is in alignment with the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities and we are seeking to become a Carnegie Engaged University by the year 2020. USM offers Baccalaureate, Master's, and Doctoral programs, providing students with rich learning and community engagement opportunities in the arts, humanities, politics, health sciences, business, mass communications, science, engineering, and technology. Further information on USM can be found at www.usm.maine.edu.
USM’s three environmentally friendly campuses are unique, yet all share the extensive resources of the university — and all are energized through strong community partnerships. Offering easy access to Boston, plus the ocean, mountains and forests of coastal, inland and northern Maine, USM is at the heart of Maine's most exciting metropolitan region:
- Our Portland campus is located in "one of America’s most livable cities," according to Forbes magazine, which also ranks Portland among the top 10 for job prospects. A creative and diverse community on Maine’s scenic coast, Portland is nationally known as a culinary hot spot!
- USM’s beautiful residential Gorham campus supports and celebrates excellence in academics, athletics, music and the arts and is home to ten Living Learning Communities and six Residential Communities.
- Our Lewiston campus is home to USM’s innovative and richly diverse Lewiston-Auburn College. This Central Maine campus integrates classroom, community and workplace, and provides a small college experience with the resources of a large university.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior or a related field from an AACSB accredited institution. ABD’s with strong likelihood of completion within one year of appointment will also be considered but preference will be given to candidates who will have completed their Ph.D. prior to September 2018.
Apply online at: http://usm.hiretouch.com/view-all-jobs. You will create an applicant profile and complete an application. You will need to upload a cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae, a list of the names and contact information for three references, and a statement of teaching and research interest.
Review of applications will begin November 5 2017. Materials received after this day may be considered at the discretion of the University.
Appropriate background screening will be conducted for the successful candidate.
USM is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More search results
Assistant Director of Academic and Learning Resou…
Lecturer with Potential Security of Employment (L…
University of California, San Diego
Assistant Professor in Latin American Music
University of California, San Diego
Dean of the College of Business Administration
University of Texas at El Paso
Supervisor, HVAC Controls & Automation
Kelly F Cronan