Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- University of Florida
- Gainesville, FL
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
College of Nursing
University of Florida
The University of Florida (UF) College of Nursing (CON) seeks outstanding candidates for the position of Associate Dean for Academic Affairs (ADAA).
The ADAA provides transformational leadership in the educational mission of the CON. The ADAA leads faculty in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum. She/he is responsible for overseeing continuous improvement of the BSN, DNP and PhD programs in accordance to national, state, and University of Florida requirements. She/he represents the CON within the Health Science Center, the University, and in state and national arenas on matters related to the programs of instruction. As a member of the senior leadership team, the ADAA works closely with the CON’s administrative team to provide coordinated leadership of the college.
The ADAA is responsible for the academic integrity of the CON’s academic programs, including development of curricular and program innovations, and education partnerships.
- Assists in developing the CON’s strategic agenda related to the College’s academic programs.
- Consults with faculty and other communities of interest to make recommendations to accomplish the mission, goals, and expected programs outcomes.
- Initiates curricular innovations with faculty and other constituents as appropriate.
- Explores opportunities for developing or enhancing partnerships, joint projects, and mutually beneficial academic initiatives between the CON and UF Health.
- Collaborates with UF entities to foster inter-professional education.
- Represents the CON within the Health Science Center and University of Florida related to academic policy and curricula.
- Seeks external financial resources to accomplish the academic mission.
- Meets regularly with the school’s program directors to monitor the academic programs they oversee.
- Meets with faculty and students to interpret educational policy.
- Guides faculty in implementing and evaluating evidence-based teaching methods.
The ADAA directs the evaluation of the school’s academic programs, including course, program, teacher, alumni, employer, and clinical agency evaluations.
- Oversees completion of evaluations for the CON’s courses, programs of instruction, and teaching faculty.
- Communicates the results of those evaluations to accountable parties (e.g., Academic Affairs Committee, Dean, and faculty).
- Reviews, updates and executes the Master Evaluation Plan.
- Completes periodic reports on academic programs to internal and external groups, including regional and national professional accrediting bodies on behalf of the College.
The Associate Dean for Academic Affairs reports to the Dean of the College on Nursing.
The ADAA should have experience commensurate with appointment at the rank of associate or full professor within the CON. It is also desired the ADAA possesses:
- A bachelor’s and master’s degree in nursing and an earned doctorate in nursing;
- Progressive leadership experience in nursing education and curriculum; and
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, managerial skills, creativity, ability to make timely decisions, to collaborative effectively, and to be open to the ideas of others and to constructive feedback.
The Search Committee invites nominations, applications (a letter of interest, comprehensive curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of five or more references), or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assisting the University (electronic submissions preferred). Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The Search Committee prefers that all nominations and applications be submitted to the search firm prior to November 13, 2017.
Jacob C. Anderson, Principal
Parker Executive Search
Five Concourse Parkway, Suite 2900
Atlanta, GA 30328
Phone: 770-804-1996 X 111
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ community members are encouraged to apply. The “government in the sunshine” laws of Florida require that all documents relating to the search process, including letters of application/nomination and reference, be available for public inspection.
More search results
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Portland State University
Washington University in St. Louis
Term Assistant Professor of Management
George Mason University
Dean of the School of Arts and Letters
College of St. Scholastica
Director of Institutional Compliance
University of North Texas