- Library Information Technology - Librarian Senior Assistant
- California State University, San Bernardino
- San Bernardino, California
Library Information Technology - Librarian Senior Assistant
Library Information Technology - Librarian Senior Assistant
Depends on Qualifications
San Bernardino, CA
Department: John M. Pfau Library
Appointment: Librarian Senior Assistant
Area of Specialization: Information Technology Librarian
California State University, San Bernardino's (CSUSB) John M. Pfau Library invites applications from forward-looking, collaborative, service-focused librarians to provide the leadership and effective communication to maintain, enrich, and advance the library's information technologies and Web services effective December 1, 2017. The Information Technology Librarian (ITL) is a tenure-track faculty position reporting to the dean of the Pfau Library. The ITL is the Head of the Library Information Technology unit which is charged with deploying and maintaining the library's computers, related technologies, and Web services, as well as monitoring emerging technologies within and outside of library environments for possible use at the Pfau Library. The ITL's ultimate goal is a high level of user satisfaction facilitated by a deep understanding of users' needs, values, abilities, and limitations.
California State University, San Bernardino (a Hispanic serving Institution) is located in San Bernardino in the Inland Empire, 60 miles East from Los Angeles. CSUSB offers programs through the colleges of Arts and Letters, Business and Public Administration, Education, Natural Sciences, Social and Behavioral Sciences and operates a satellite campus in Palm Desert located in Coachella Valley. CSUSB serves approximately 20,700 students and offers 47 undergraduate, 35 graduate and one doctoral degree as well as 13 programs with national accreditation.
CSUSB actively encourages qualified applicants to apply who demonstrate a commitment to serving a diverse student population and advancing student success through highly engaged, high impact educational practices. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from women and members of historically underrepresented groups.
The ITL supervises an IT Support Supervisor and an Assistant Web Developer and oversees the Innovation Lab, a space with 3D scanning and printing, circuitry kits, virtual reality headgear, and more.
The ITL also plays a crucial role in liaising with the campus Information Technology Services division with regard to services affecting the library, including networks, servers, information security, and more. The position serves on library, campus, and CSU technology committees and communicates information between these entities. At the library level, the ITL chairs the Library Information Technology Council.
The ITL will administer ExLibris' PRIMO, the platform behind the library's new OneSearch discovery layer, and may provide some combination of reference service, instruction, collection development, and liaison duties based upon knowledge and experience.
All tenure-track librarians must engage in the requisite research, creative work, and service to meet the tenure standards for faculty at the university. The library provides support for and fosters intellectual endeavors, and values librarians as faculty with their own research interests depending on academic background.
MLS, MLIS, or MS degree from an ALA-accredited program.
- Experience working in libraries of any kind.
- Knowledge of current and developing information technologies, standards, and trends.
- Knowledge of best practices for designing, developing, and maintaining Web sites.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, for example, project management.
- Supervisory experience (may be non-library).
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate across the full spectrum of university constituents.
- Capacity to thrive in a diverse campus community.
New librarians with non-library supervisory, management, and IT experience, are welcome to apply.
- Knowledge of or experience in administering ExLibris' PRIMO.
- Experience working with APIs.
- Understanding of usability design and assessment, responsive Web design, and current accessibility standards.
- Experience or coursework in reference, library instruction, and collection development.
Terms of Appointment:
This is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track faculty position with CSU Faculty Bargaining Unit 3. The appointment rank is Senior Assistant Librarian with a salary range of $65,364 - $85,000. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In order to secure tenure and promotion, the successful candidate must meet expectations in three areas--Professional Assignment; Research, Scholarly, or Creative Contributions; and University and/or Community Service--as defined by the Faculty Senate Committee, library faculty and staff, and library and division administration. Benefits: Generous medical, dental and vision benefits, and support for moving expenses available.
To receive consideration, please submit ALL of the following:
- Online application https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/csusb/jobs/1813083/library-information-technology-librarian-senior-assistant?pagetype=transferJobs
- Letter of interest
- Resume or CV
- Unofficial transcripts of all post-secondary degrees (official transcripts will be required prior to appointment)
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals qualified to comment no more than two years old (although they may refer to events that are older).
- A Diversity Statement which may include your interpretation of diversity, inclusion, gender equity, and must include specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background/philosophy have prepared you for this role of Information Technology Librarian at California State University, San Bernardino (maximum 250 words).
- Your file MUST contain all of the above.
First consideration given to applicants who have completed their files by September 22, 2017. Position is open until filled. Questions? Contact Ms. Bonnie Petry, Chair of the Search Committee, email@example.com.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html.
California State University, San Bernardino
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, California, 92407.
More search results
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream Statistical …
University of Toronto
Student Support Services Program Specialist
Eastern Oregon University
Lecturer in Discipline or Senior Lecturer in Disc…
Columbia University School of Professional Studies
Vice Provost for Research and Creative Activity
Greenwood/Asher & Associates
Associate Provost for Student Success and Foundin…
West Chester University of Pennsylvania