Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy
The University of Southern Maine seeks a tenure track Assistant Professor to join the faculty of the Master of Occupational Therapy Program in September 2018. Our Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) program, located on USM’s Lewiston campus, takes an integrative and holistic approach in educating students to become occupational therapists. Classes place heavy emphasis on writing, student participation, and experiential learning. Graduates of this program will be prepared to succeed in the health and community care contexts as ethical, socially responsible, life-long learners.
The successful applicant will be expected to teach in his/her area of expertise, maintain an active research agenda, and engage in professional and university service. Other major responsibilities include: student advising, engaging in experiential/service learning, research, supervision of evidence based practice projects, and serving on program, college, and university committees. While the MOT program is located on the Lewiston campus and most of our courses are taught there, you will be required to use distance education or other alternative delivery systems and potentially teach courses at any of the three geographical locations of our campus. For more information on our program: http://usm.maine.edu/ot
The University of Southern Maine (USM) is dedicated to providing students with a high-quality, accessible, affordable education. USM’s strategic focus is in alignment with the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities and we are seeking to become a Carnegie Engaged University by the year 2020. USM offers Baccalaureate, Master's, and Doctoral programs, providing students with rich learning and community engagement opportunities in the arts, humanities, politics, health sciences, business, mass communications, science, engineering, and technology. Further information on USM can be found at www.usm.maine.edu.
USM’s three environmentally friendly campuses are unique, yet all share the extensive resources of the university — and all are energized through strong community partnerships. Offering easy access to Boston, plus the ocean, mountains and forests of coastal, inland and northern Maine, USM is at the heart of Maine's most exciting metropolitan region:
- Our Portland campus is located in "one of America’s most livable cities," according to Forbes magazine, which also ranks Portland among the top 10 for job prospects. A creative and diverse community on Maine’s scenic coast, Portland is nationally known as a "foodie" hot spot!
- USM’s beautiful residential Gorham campus supports and celebrates excellence in academics, athletics, music and the arts and is home to ten Living Learning Communities and six Residential Communities.
- Our Lewiston campus is home to USM’s innovative and richly diverse Lewiston-Auburn College. This Central Maine campus integrates classroom, community and workplace, and provides a small college experience with the resources of a large university.
- An earned doctorate in occupational therapy or a related field - will consider ABDs with completion by time of appointment
- Eligibility for licensure as an occupational therapist in Maine
- At least 5 years of clinical experience; and
- Instructional experience in a college or university academic program.
- Experience in quantitative research and/or teaching quantitative research methods.
Anticipated salary: high 50's to low 60's
The University community is committed to building a culturally diverse team of leaders, faculty and staff. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates.
Apply online at: http://usm.hiretouch.com/view-all-jobs. You will create an applicant profile and complete an application. You will need to upload a cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae, and a list of the names and contact information for three references.
Review of completed applications will begin on October 15, 2017. Materials received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the University.
Appropriate background screening will be conducted for the successful candidate.
USM is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More search results
Vice President for Communications, Marketing and …
Assistant Professor - Integrative Biologist
Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of t…
Washington & Jefferson College
DEAN OF THE KNIGHT SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION
Queens University of Charlotte
University of Bridgeport