HPA Operations Assistant
- Northwestern University
- 633 Clark St, Evanston, IL 60208
HPA Operations Assistant
Job ID: 44498
Location: Evanston, Illinois
Department: Health Professions Advising
Please consider joining the Northwestern University Health Professions Advising (HPA) Office as we Advise, Engage, Connect, and Prepare undergraduate students and alumni to pursue professional or graduate school admission in the health sciences (e.g., medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing, social work, public health, etc.). The HPA Operations Assistant position is a critical member of the HPA team who is often the first point of contact for the office. The ideal candidate for this position is friendly and student-centered, works well with diverse populations, can problem-solve, and can improve the office's administrative processes for maximum efficiency. In addition to joining a collaborative and hard-working team that values strong relationships, Northwestern employees take advantage of excellent healthcare and retirement benefits and generous paid time off. This position offers room for professional growth. Please apply today if you feel this could be a great career match!
The HPA Operations Assistant position coordinates administrative processes and prioritizes, directs, and responds to business matters involving administrative functions associated with education, research, and operations. Creates and maintains associated documents, spreadsheets, databases, meetings, special events, etc., and alerts supervisor of critical issues and upcoming events.
Documents & Databases
- Independently responds to and composes correspondence.
- Creates and maintains standard spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Prepares queries, reports, statistics, tables, charts, etc. based on information compiled from various sources.
- Determines format, elements, trends, etc.
- Maintains websites and/or blogs.
- Creates new web pages and/or updates standard information/data within the application’s content management program.
- Approves appropriate expenses, purchases and reimbursements per budget.
- Creates and maintains financial records.
- Prepares forms.
- Verifies appropriateness and accuracy of charges.
- Processes and reconciles expenses, accounting transfers, and/or appropriation changes.
- Updates financial transaction spreadsheets and databases.
- Generates summary reports and statistics.
- Processes routine payroll actions.
- Maintains accounting balances for grants/contracts.
- Manages supervisor's and/or dept calendar.
- Manages registration and travel.
- Organizes and coordinates events which may include creating timelines.
- Collects agenda items and background materials.
- Creates registrant profiles.
- Coordinates complex itineraries involving domestic and/or international travel, etc.
- Prepares annual event, conference and/or meeting budget.
- Verifies invoices and expense reports; and/or reconciles to budget.
- Screens and prioritizes incoming calls.
- Responds to inquiries.
- Provides basic interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Researches information to resolve problems or issues.
- Provides a variety of administrative support for student services such as recruitment; admissions; applications; curriculum; program evaluation.
- Recommends alternatives for course requirements.
- Reviews administrative processes and procedures regarding student services and recommends changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required.
- 4 years of administrative support or other relevant experience required.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database software programs is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Previous higher education experience.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, email, and database software programs.
- Ability to work independently and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to work with diverse populations while maintaining confidentiality in all matters.
Please apply online at https://careers.northwestern.edu/psp/hr857prd_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=44498&PostingSeq=1
At Northwestern, we are proud to provide meaningful, competitive, high-quality health care plans, retirement benefits, tuition discounts and more! Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/index.html to learn more.
Work-Life and Wellness:
Northwestern offers comprehensive programs and services to help you and your family navigate life’s challenges and opportunities, and adopt and maintain healthy lifestyles.
We support flexible work arrangements where possible and programs to help you locate and pay for quality, affordable childcare and senior/adult care. Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/work-life/index.html to learn more.
Professional Growth & Development:
Northwestern supports employee career development in all circumstances whether your workspace is on campus or at home. If you’re interested in developing your professional potential or continuing your formal education, we offer a variety of tools and resources. Visit us at https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/learning/index.html to learn more.
Northwestern requires all staff and faculty to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exceptions. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 and Campus Updates website.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.
More search results
Executive Director of the UIC Center for the Adva…
University of Illinois Chicago
Instructor, Integrated Media Design - IMD (Graphi…
Lincoln Land Community College
Director, Equal Opportunity and Access and Title …
Illinois State University
The University of Illinois at Chicago
Director, Equal Opportunity and Access & Title IX…
Illinois State University