Professional Assistant l - College-wide Honors Program
SUBJECT: Professional Assistant I – College-wide Honors Program
Announcement is hereby made for a 12-month, full-time, Professional Assistant I position in the Office of the College-Wide Honors Program on the Ammerman Campus in Selden.
Suffolk County Community College is an open admissions institution committed to serving a diverse student population in a variety of degree and career programs.
This is a Unit III position covered under the Faculty Association of Suffolk County Community College collective bargaining agreement with the College.
The Professional Assistant I for the Honors Program will work in the Central/Ammerman Campus office in Selden. Specific responsibilities will include:
1. Capable of and willing to demonstrate a deep commitment to the Honors Program ethos of excellence in the delivery of student services.
2. Coordinate the logistics and paperwork necessary for a host of high-profile Honors events including special lectures, orientation sessions, luncheons, the Annual Honors Convocation, and the hosting of special guests and visitors.
3. Able to assist with and accompany Honors students on trips and special outings, such as the annual Dress for Success visit to Brooks Brothers Manhattan flagship store, walking tours of Boston’s North End and New York’s East Village, as well as work with Honors students on a host of charitable and social events.
4. Assist with and help plan the fall and spring Honors advisement and registration programs.
5. Assist with a series of workshops (How to Gain Admission to the College of Your Dreams, How to Write a Winning Transfer Essay, understanding the Common Application, How to Transfer to Stony Brook, et al) so as to help Honors students in gaining admission to the best possible four-year school.
6. Coordinate and maintain records for a host of Honors Scholarships including, but not limited to, The Suffolk Community College Foundation Honors Scholarships, The John Fisher Memorial Honors Scholarships and The Ronkonkoma Rotary Honors Scholarship for all campuses.
7. Coordinate and facilitate the certification of all Honors degree and recognition candidates for all campuses.
8. Certify and maintain all Honors records pertinent to assuring that students are in good academic standing and making progress towards a degree.
9. Be willing to travel off campus and to work at night to attend college fairs, transfer workshops, and special events at local high schools.
10. Work with the College’s Office of Admissions to facilitate the recognition, recruitment, and intake of Honors applicants.
11. Liaison with the College’s Multi-Cultural Affairs Office and Achieving the Dream Initiative to assure compliance with diversity goals.
12. Able to work with vendors, understand the College budget process as it pertains to the Honors Program, and utilize the Shark Mart system.
13. Represent the Honors Program at campus and College events.
14. Serve on various campus and College committees.
15. Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of standardized College admissions tests (SAT and Act) as well as an extensive understanding of different types of four-year schools including the Ivy League, selective nationals, elite liberal arts, The Big Ten, major state universities, and SUNY.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Experience working in a College Honors Program is preferred. Knowledge of the Banner operating system (both student and INB) preferred. Excellent organization, creative, writing and speaking skills is required.
Click on the following link:
Select position #17-100 and read the description.
Click Apply Online to submit resume and cover letter.
The New York State Retirement and Social Security Law requires retirees of a public pension plan within the State or City of New York to disclose prior public employment and pension plan history for the purpose of establishing a retiree’s eligibility for employment.
More search results
Dean, Albert Nerken School of Engineering
The Cooper Union
Vice Provost for Technology and Chief Information…
Texas Woman’s University
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Southern Connecticut State University
Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor-Pharmacy P…
University of Texas at El Paso
Dean of the College of Business Administration
University of Texas at El Paso