: The Director of Development, Student Life will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of alumni, parents and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to strategies seeking philanthropic and volunteer support for the Division of Student Life, and student scholarships and central programs, such as the Miami Family Fund.
Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 200,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. These students major in over 120 different fields of study. With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati coupled with a nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education there is a significant opportunity to increase all measures of support from alumni, friends, and corporate and foundation partners. As the university looks to embark upon its next comprehensive campaign, a robust and high functioning development team will play a critical role in the success of that effort.
Miami University recognizes that technology enables us to find new ways of providing first class service and workplace flexibility. This position is approved for remote work on a hybrid basis, following a successful period of six (6) months of employment. Remote work is a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI_statement.
- Implement and direct a comprehensive development program for the division of Student Life.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit alumni and friends for gifts of $50,000 or more to Miami University.
- Prepare and present departmental and divisional gift proposals to alumni and friends with the input and assistance of staff, administrators, and the Vice President for Student Life. Proposals may involve tax planning, gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities, and insurance.
- Serve as the departmental liaison for current and past parents at Miami University in addressing their philanthropic and engagement objectives.
- Encourage and coordinate involvement of parents through personal visits, campus visits and events.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under the guidance of the Assistant Vice President for Academic Programs and Projects.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three years of experience in fundraising, sales, business development, and/or comparable work experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to collaborative approach to fundraising
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven leadership techniques
- Willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level and the ability to attend as scheduled evening and weekend events.
- Experience with working with donors, particularly parent/family donors
- Experience working in an educational setting
- Management experience
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
More search results
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Florida Atlantic University
Senior Assistant Registrar
Full-time Faculty – History
South Seattle College College Transfer Division
Chancellor, University of Illinois Chicago and …
University of Illinois Chicago and University of Illinois System
Mason Core Director
George Mason University