UCSB Police Department
University of California, Santa Barbara
Summary of Job Details:
The Accreditation Manager reports to the Administration Lieutenant and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Accreditation process for the UC Santa Barbara Police Department. This position performs a variety of unique and highly complex administrative and professional duties in planning, coordinating, and managing the implementation, maintenance, and adherence to the police department's accreditation process through IACALEA (International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators).
Time sensitivity and the confidential nature of the position require a high level of planning and the ability to predict and anticipate future events. The Accreditation Manager thoroughly analyzes departmental and systemwide policies and processes to ensure compliance with accreditation standards, oftentimes making recommendations for changes or improvements. This position independently tracks accreditation activities and progress towards goals while coordinating the resolution of issues that may jeopardize accreditation status and developing procedures to improve departmental efficiency, performance, and compliance.
Additionally, the Accreditation Manager serves as the subject matter expert on the Accreditation process, including serving as liaison with local, state, and national IACLEA representatives and other accredited agencies. Must be able to speak publicly about the accreditation process and provide verbal testimony to the Accreditation Board as needed. This position coordinates all aspects of onsite and mock assessments, and once accreditation is achieved, this position ensures accreditation is maintained on an annual basis.
In carrying out these responsibilities, the incumbent must exercise strong analytical skills and the ability to act professionally, independently, and exercise discretion and sound judgment.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated experience effectively conveying information
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work independently and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to identify research, analyze, interpret, and conduct complete analyses of complex laws, statutes, policies, and data
• Demonstrated ability to develop, design, and implement operational and administrative policies and practices
• Ability to work with sensitive information and preserve confidentiality, meet deadlines, maintain objectivity, and prioritize workload in an organized manner
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and write clear and concise reports, policies, and correspondence, and present information to stakeholders orally and in writing
• Demonstrated critical, innovative, and strategic thinking skills and judgment to make sound decisions in uncertain or ambiguous situations; ability to approach challenges with a clear perception of organizational and political impacts
• Writing, editing, and proofreading skills to produce professional program materials, correspondence, and proofs needed for accreditation
• Ability to manage and monitor online program management systems and software, including online databases and web tools
• Bachelor's Degree or related field and at least three to five years of relevant experience OR a Master's Degree/J.D. and at least one to two years of relevant experience is preferable
Special Conditions of Employment:
• Mandated reporting requirements of Child Abuse
• Mandated reporting requirements of Dependent Adult Abuse
• UCSB Campus Security Authority under Clery Act
• Maintain a valid CA driver's license, a clean DMV record, and enrollment in the DMV Employee Pull-Notice Program.
• Satisfactory conviction history background check.
• UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment.
Pay Rate/Range: $67,500-$104,600/yr.
Days/Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am - 5pm with occasional evening and weekend hours
Benefits Eligibility: Full Benefits
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application review begins: 5/19/22
Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.edu
More search results
Vice President and General Counsel
Instructor / Assistant Professor of Practice - Co…
Dakota State Univeristy
Adjunct - Computer and Cyber Sciences
Dakota State Univeristy
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor - Computer and…
Dakota State Univeristy
Lecturer Position Available
Southern Methodist University