Transfer Counselor - Eastern Campus
SUBJECT: Transfer Counselor – Eastern Campus
Announcement is hereby made for a 12-month, tenure-track Counselor position beginning immediately on the Eastern Campus in Riverhead.
Suffolk County Community College is an open admissions institution committed to serving a diverse student population in a variety of degree and career programs.
This is a Unit III position covered under the Faculty Association of Suffolk County Community College collective bargaining agreement with the College.
The Transfer Services Counselor (12-month) reports to the Assistant Dean of Student Services/Director of Counseling. The Counselor will provide counseling services in the Student Success Center and also may assist in other areas when needed. Specific responsibilities will include:
1. Provide individual and/or group educational, transfer, career and academic advising to a diverse student population.
2. Assist students in identifying career and transfer goals and assist the student in developing a plan inclusive of transferring or entrance to the workforce.
3. Expose and support students in accessing local, regional, and national transfer opportunities to colleges and universities and/or the workforce.
4. Develop and implement workshops, programs, and activities that support student learning outcomes including collegiate transfer days and college and university on-site visits.
5. Develop, implement, and participate in counseling and support services to enhance student recruitment, enrollment, retention, and persistence initiatives.
6. Participate in student advisement processes including, but not limited to, academic advising and interpretation of placement test results.
7. Participate in and assist with departmental and division-wide assessment efforts.
8. Serve on campus and College committees.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Dean of Student Services/ Director of Counseling.
A Master’s degree in Counseling, Student Personnel in Higher Education, Student Development, Social Work, Applied Psychology, Special Education or equivalent (i.e., depending on specific responsibilities of the position). Experience providing counseling, advising, and enrollment services in a college setting. Candidates must also possess effective verbal, written, and communication skills, and computer literacy.
Click on the following link:
Select position #17-67 and read the description.
Click Apply Online to submit resume and cover letter.
The New York State Retirement and Social Security Law requires retirees of a public pension plan within the State or City of New York to disclose prior public employment and pension plan history for the purpose of establishing a retiree’s eligibility for employment.
More search results
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Portland State University
Washington University in St. Louis
Term Assistant Professor of Management
George Mason University
Dean of the School of Arts and Letters
College of St. Scholastica
Director of Institutional Compliance
University of North Texas