Institutional Research Director - Academic Affairs
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College
Institutional Research Director - Academic Affairs
Job ID: 17311
Location: LaGuardia Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
LaGuardia Community College, located in Long Island City, Queens, educates more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate, and continuing education programs. Our guiding principle Dare To Do More reflects our belief in the transformative power of education—not just for individuals, but for our community and our country—creating pathways for achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality, affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imagining what our students, our community, and our country can become. Visit www.LaGuardia.edu to learn more.
Reporting to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Director of Institutional Research will lead an Office of Institutional Research charged with facilitating college planning, decision making, and policy formation through the collection, analysis, and presentation of institutional and environmental data. The Director will play a key role in the college's strategic planning process, a centerpiece of which is the application of institutional research. The Director will utilize analytical tools; respond to internal and external requests for information; track institutional performance against a wide range of benchmarks; conduct analyses to support college planning, enrollment management, program review, and assessment; and synthesize and communicate findings. The Director will supervise a full-time staff of four. Additionally, the Director will be responsible for the following:
• Conducts research and policy analyses relevant to institutional planning, policy, and decision-making needs across all divisions of the college.
• Communicates relevant, timely, accurate, and actionable institutional data to administrators and the college community.
• Prepares digital, written and oral presentations to communicate research findings to the college community and relevant external constituencies.
• Monitors extent to which research findings are accessed and used by college constituents so as to ensure broad dissemination and promote data-driven decision making.
• Works collaboratively with senior management on issues of assessment, including general institutional effectiveness and measures of student success and learning.
• Works collaboratively with senior communication staff to create on-going, media-savvy communication of relevant research findings.
• Assists the institution by providing leadership in identifying and understanding emerging internal and external issues and significant environmental changes, constituting both opportunities and challenges to the college.
• Creates an annual institutional research plan to collect, analyze and communicate selected and relevant elements of student success for credit and non-credit students.
• Provides leadership in establishing a comprehensive, institution-wide program of self-assessment involving program review and outcomes assessment; integrates program review and outcomes assessment into institutional planning efforts and into reaccreditation processes and reports.
• Maintains compliance of policies and reporting requirements of external agencies, such as the U.S. Department of Education, Middle States Commission on Higher Education and other accreditation bodies.
• Provides data and analyses in response to specific requests and needs of college offices and departments.
• Maintains an easily accessible data source for information necessary for grant proposals, summary reports to external funders, and support for faculty scholarship.
• Provides leadership in the development and maintenance of accessible data and information which can be used college-wide.
• Provides data and analyses to support the development of college policies and procedures; may serve on college planning and policy-making committees.
• Administers and analyzes numerous annual nationally-ranked assessment instruments.
• Prepares annual institutional profile.
• Participates in institutional research professional organizations and keeps abreast of national, state and local educational issues.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' relevant experience required.
Master’s degree preferred; doctoral degree desirable. Eight (8) years’ experience or combination of education above baccalaureate degree and years of experience.
A thorough understanding of current issues in higher education, both traditional and adult-continuing education, is preferred. Essential skills include: understanding of research design and methods; ability to manage the institutional research data systems and other resources; understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods and technological tools; excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills. The candidate must have planning, research and policy experience with the ability to synthesize and clearly communicate findings to various audiences. The ability to work independently and as part of a team, as well as applied project management skills are a critical success factor for this position.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Directs institutional research programs and contributes to academic program planning, evaluation, and other activities related to the College's mission.
- Works collaboratively with senior management on issues of assessment, including general institutional effectiveness and measures of student success and learning
- Designs and oversees research efforts with an institutional scope and assists departments and offices with focused research needs
- Coordinates program reviews and accreditation reporting
- Manages institutional research data systems and other resources
- Maintains standard management information and official statistics for internal and external reporting
- Develops procedures to support analytical, planning, and assessment functions in student and academic areas
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From CUNY's job posting system at www.cuny.edu, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site, www.cuny.edu, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume and the contact information for three professional references.
Open Until Filled. Review of Resume will commence on 9/13/2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
Dean, Albert Nerken School of Engineering
The Cooper Union
Vice Provost for Technology and Chief Information…
Texas Woman’s University
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Southern Connecticut State University
Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor-Pharmacy P…
University of Texas at El Paso
Dean of the College of Business Administration
University of Texas at El Paso