Academic Assessment Manager
- CUNY School of Professional Studies
- New York City, NY
Academic Assessment Manager
Job ID: 24205
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
For over 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has been leading online education in New York. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the University system’s only undergraduate all-transfer college, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has risen by more than 30% in the last four years to over 4,000 students in the credit-bearing programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs. In addition, the School has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which offers multiple scholarship opportunities to current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top online institutions. This year, the School was ranked #10 in the nation on the publisher’s list of the 2022 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs
Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning, the Assessment Manager’s responsibilities,in addition to those in the CUNY Title Overview, will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement assessment workflows, processes and schedules, and, provide support to programs to build capacity in the skill areas of assessment.
- Research and develop assessment tools and evaluation instruments (e.g., rubrics) that include attention to assessment of diversity and inclusion practices in teaching and learning.
- Lead professional development in both school-wide and program specific assessment topics.
- Create and implement formal Periodic Program Reviews for academic programs.
- Design and implement assessment plans, including identifying goals, outcomes, activities, assessment methods, and targets with all areas of the School, including curricular mapping. Generate reports of assessment activities and share them with academic directors to support program improvements.
- Facilitate a school-wide assessment group; participate in CUNY-wide assessment initiatives, conferences and working groups.
- Build and/or maintain an accessible site to document the assessment efforts of the school.
- With academic programs, conduct outcomes assessment, analyze results and make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain an evidence repository for accreditation efforts, and assist with coordination of regional (Middle States) and programmatic accreditation and compliance processes.
- Implement and oversee software solutions used to document and facilitate assessment.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in a collaborative manner.
- Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
- Until further notice, this is a hybrid position, eligible to work remotely and work in the office.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience with assessment of academic programs and AES units, including developing goals and outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience designing and evaluating academic programs; proven knowledge of direct and indirect assessment methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement assessment measures to support the improvements of educational programming including analyzing qualitative and quantitative data for data-informed decision-making.
- Ability to educate faculty on effective, innovative, student-centered academic program design and assessment that emphasizes educational equity.
- Experience supporting higher education accreditation processes.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management, project management, planning, and maintaining detailed and accurate files and records.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office software, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience using reporting, assessment and evaluation software and statistics.
- Experience with managing software implementation.
- Culturally sensitive, caring, and friendly with a deep understanding of an inclusive and diverse school community.
- Commitment to campus values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and, strong interpersonal skills.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Manages College activities related to assessment planning to achieve excellence in student learning outcomes through systemic course and program assessment.
- Advises department personnel in developing assessable course and program goals, learning outcomes, and assessment measures
- Designs, conducts, and reports on assessment activities
- Analyzes and reports on activities, results, and recommendations, and plans future goals and targets; coordinates reporting with College management and external organizations
- Collaborates with faculty on issues related to assessment for teaching and learning initiatives, including grant proposals and reports
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Assessment Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience up to $ 105,676.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system (http://cuny.jobs), select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using Job ID# 24205 or Title.
- Applicants must attach a resume and cover letter.
- Applicants must respond to the screening questions for this position.
May 16, 2022
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
Non-Tenure- Earning Assistant Professor, Master’s…
University of South Florida
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Florida Atlantic University
Senior Assistant Registrar
Full-time Faculty – History
South Seattle College College Transfer Division
Chancellor, University of Illinois Chicago and …
University of Illinois Chicago and University of Illinois System