Assistant Professor, Educator
- University of Cincinnati
ELCE is now looking to fill the following faculty position:
Assistant Professor, Educator Experience-Based Learning
& Career Education/Program Director, Undergraduate Research
The UC Division of Experience-Based Learning and Career Education serves as a fully integrated career preparation hub within the University of Cincinnati. As the global birthplace of cooperative education, the division is a recognized leader in “real world” education. Within a thriving culture of collaboration, the division provides students, employers and partners a single point of contact for experience-based learning opportunities and transition-to-career services.
Date of Appointment: TBD
Appointment: Non-Tenure (Educator) Track
This is an Assistant Professor, Educator position with initial primary responsibility for Undergraduate Research Initiatives. This position includes an administrative appointment as the Program Director of Undergraduate Research reporting to the Director of Multidisciplinary Initiatives.
On a full-time basis, an Educator faculty member’s primary responsibility involves regular classroom instruction in the pedagogical mission of the Division of Experience-Based Learning and Career Education (ELCE) and advising students enrolled in assigned programs regarding career-relevant development. This faculty member’s initial and primary responsibility will be advancing Undergraduate Research Initiatives. The position involves development and teaching of undergraduate research foundations courses and other experiential learning courses as assigned.
Additionally, Educator appointed faculty are expected to contribute to scholarship of teaching and learning or of their academic discipline, and to the service missions of the university. Specific expectations may be described in the letter of appointment and the unit reappointment and promotion criteria.
Specific Program Director duties:
- Lead the vision and implementation of undergraduate research pathways by working across the university to develop explicit and strategic plans for integrating UG research experiences into the curricula and connecting these experiences to career exploration and skill development for post-graduation success.
- Coordinate and execute annual UG research conference.
- Coordinate RECON mentorship program.
- Specify and operationalize systems that help assess outcomes for students, faculty, and stakeholders and to disseminate ideas and findings to faculty, students, and stakeholders, helping to insure continued improvement and continuing engagement in the process.
- Develop and enact an Undergraduate Research communication plan.
- Manage Undergraduate Research-related web content and marketing materials
- A non-tenure track appointment requires a minimum of a Master’s degree.
- Candidates should demonstrate an understanding of diverse research environments and approaches.
- The candidate’s background must reflect effectiveness in interpersonal relationships and the ability to work harmoniously with a variety of interest groups. Demonstrated organizational, written and oral communications skills are essential.
- Two years of relevant professional work experience.
- Candidate must have the ability to use Windows-based office software products.
- The ideal candidate will possess relevant, professional experience in both academic and non-academic environments. Documented teaching and advising experience preferred.
- Professional experience in experiential learning preferred.
- Documented experience in instruction and/or professional training preferred.
- Doctoral degree preferred.
To apply, go to http://bit.ly/2wNj8t4. Please submit a cover letter and CV/resume with your application.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES
ALL CURRENT CREDENTIALS REFLECTING STATED QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION UNDER 'ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS'
OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL FINAL CANDIDATES
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
More search results
Chair, Endocrinology and Metabolism Institute
Associate/Full Professor of Entrepreneurship
Texas Christian University
Senior Lecturer in Costume Design
Department of Theater and Performance Studies, Stanford University
Dean of the Libraries
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Dean, Liberal Arts
North Central State College