REGISTRAR - Search Reopened
Responsibilities and Duties
The Registrar is a highly visible department leader, collaborating and sharing information with an extensive group of internal and external participants. He/she provides vision, innovative and progressive leadership, and strategic direction to the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar is the “public face” of the Office of the Registrar, and needs demonstrate authority in a wide variety of settings; be flexible; and have the capability to adapt to changing campus dynamics. The candidate must have a solid back-ground in negotiation skills, as expectations will be diverse from numerous constituent groups. The Registrar must be innovative, technical, and creative in his/her leadership style; be resilient; and be able to accommodate competing priorities. The Registrar is expected to take a leadership role in precise and efficient management of data in the primary functional areas of registration, enrollment, and retention initiatives. The candidate must be able to analyze enrollment trends strategically in support of a rapidly growing campus population. The Registrar is expected to deliver accurate, prompt, courteous, and excellent service to all students and associates of the College, consistent with its educational mission and strategic goals. The Manhattan College Registrar must be able to successfully evaluate departmental goals through assessment and outcome measures.
Essential Job Functions
- Must have knowledge of federal privacy laws associated with the management of student academic records and FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act);
- Keep current on new laws related to higher education institutions;
- Have knowledge of IPEDS, National Student Clearinghouse, TAP, as well as Veteran certification and AACRAO guidelines;
- Direct and Coordinate college registration events;
- Monitor and track faculty attendance rosters and grade submissions;
- Supervise the accurate certification and degree posting for all graduates
- Work closely with office of Information Technology Services (ITS) to monitor and improve current systems, and/or implement new ones, while continually evaluating operations;
- Supervise the compilation of the school catalog;
- Mentor, train, guide, and motivate staff to meet departmental goals and build on past successes;
- Hire, supervise and annually evaluate the Registrar staff;
- Work closely with the Scheduling Officer to coordinate class schedules with room assignments;
- Work closely with College Relations in the preparation for the annual honors, commencement program, honors, and distribution of diplomas;
- Develop and administer the departmental budget;
- Attend conferences and professional meetings to remain current in the field;
- Collaborate with administrators, deans, faculty members, and the offices of ITS, financial aid, bursar, and admissions, to facilitate and improve services to students;
- Actively participate in college committees;
- Provide leadership and oversight in support of enhanced services offered by the Office of the Registrar.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally (in one-on-one and group settings) and in writing;
- Knowledge and facility with online/hybrid student records and registration systems;
- Proven qualification of leadership, accuracy, initiative, and organizational skills;
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies, individually and as a group;
- Knowledge of Banner (Ellucian) system or other Student Information System;
- Proficient with data analytical tools such as MS Excel and report writing software. SQL knowledge a plus;
- Skilled in the use of computers for administrative tasks (including familiarity with Microsoft Office Programs, Internet applications, and work-flow processes).
1. Education: Master’s degree in student services, educational administration is preferred, subject area or a related field.
2. Experience: 7 years of related experience.
3. Preferred: Proven record of successful supervisory or leadership experience in a student service environment.
Please fill out application to: https://manhattan.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/4aeefeab-0cf1-4b6e-8fd6-141940002088/apply?source=572931-CS-24323
Manhattan College is an independent Catholic coeducational institution in the Lasallian tradition. We expect our faculty, administration, and staff to be knowledgeable about our mission and to make a positive contribution to the mission. Applicants from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse campus community. AA/EO Employer M/F/D/V
More search results
Chair, Endocrinology and Metabolism Institute
Associate/Full Professor of Entrepreneurship
Texas Christian University
Senior Lecturer in Costume Design
Department of Theater and Performance Studies, Stanford University
Dean of the Libraries
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Dean, Liberal Arts
North Central State College